ASV Scout

/ ASV Scout #1  

SuperDutyDave

Bronze Member
Tractor
Deere 5525 Cab-MFWD Deere 244J Loader
Since there isn't a forum for this...and I consider it a similar product to the toolcat vs all the tractor forums...I thougth I would bring it up for discussion. I came close to buying a new toolcat last year...but my concerns about its ability to traverse some of my wet fields and concernes about its ability to have sufficient traction for my applications prevented me from moving forward. Lack of a rear three point hitch and a rear PTO also sealed the deal.

Just saw this new ASV Scout hit the market...I have spoken with the factory and many features are ready to launch with it soon.

HVAC Cab
Rear 3 pt hitch, possible pto
front hydraulics 16.3gpm output
front attachments
dump body with 1.3yrd capacity

Best of all this unit has traction and only 2.5lbs/sqft of ground pressure with a full load, less than a man walking, so it will not sink in wet fields but it does have huge traction pulling power.

If the options lists fill out as they have promised this might be a contender.

Check it out...wondering what others opinions are...toolcat is an different kinda unit and so is this.

ASV Posi-Track Rubber Track Loaders - The Clear Choice Over Skid Steers

Base Price is similar to Toolcat

SD-Dave

/ ASV Scout #2  
I am an ASV dealer and have 3 on order, base package with hydraulics, package with all hydraulics and hydraulic dump bed and then the loaded one with full cab with all options.

I have several gov. agencies who want them, school districts who want to see them as well as outfitters and many others. When I get them in I will post some pictures.

Maka

/ ASV Scout
Maka

really hoping that they come thru on the options...

love to see the ability to put a front mower similar to the toolcat semi-finish mower, on the front...along with a large snowblower and front snow blade.

Also would love rear three point hitch with PTO (if possible)

definitely need enclosed cab with HVAC.

the idea of minimal turf damage, low ground pressure but great traction and pulling power sounds ideal...plus love it being a two seater like the toolcat.

without that variety of options it is far too specialized for the multi-use contractor...it will have to stay with the gov't agencies and big players only...really hoping with seem them step up with options and huge versatility.

Post and keep us informed Maka!

SD-Dave

/ ASV Scout #4  
Tracks are superior in mud and snow and climbing in all conditions, but you'll never mow the front lawn. The concept definitely needs air conditioning and a tad more horsepower and forward speed. Currently there is only a plow available.

jmf

/ ASV Scout #5  
Does anyone have any experience with the ASV Scout? I'am a volunteer fireman and members of my fire dept are considering the Scout as a utility vehicle for all terrian rescue/wildland apparatus. I think that it would work great for responding to inaccessible areas and it has the cargo capacity to carry 300 gallons of water.

/ ASV Scout #6  
that asv site listed in the first post would easily rate as one of the worst sites for a manufacturer i've ever visited

correction i found it. maybe its just my slow 'net.

it looks pretty similar to a swag of products out there by people like moorooka and yanmar.

the scout looks not much better capacity wise than the motorised wheelbarrow honda and yanmar make.

and spectacularly lacking innovation for all of that.

perhaps have a good look at the moorooka range - there are enough of them kicking round 2nd hand in the usofa.

from what i understand of the moorooka good machines for swamp and climbing. i wonder what track life will be for these things?

/ ASV Scout #8  
Thanks guys, the mooroka machine is to big for what we are trying to do. We want to be able to tow this behind a Ford F-450. We are working with Darley to develop a CAFS system so it will only carry 200 gallons of water.