Toolcat 5600c Overheating Issue

/ Toolcat 5600c Overheating Issue
The Latest on my Toolcat overheating issue is as follows. My dealer sent the Bobcat Tech to my farm who informed me that running the AC at full while mowing in 94 degree temp with 100 % humidity pushed the toolcat over it's design limit. Well the following week I used my chipper for three solid hours, chipping up to 4 inch limbs. The system worked great! Last week with the Temp outside at 75 degrees and no humidity, I mowed for 1 hour with a 30 minute break. I mowed again and into the second hour, the 5600C overheated again. The coolant in the fill tank was "boiling" and it took almost and hour to cool down. Next day 70 degrees and no humdity after 1 half hour the coolant tank was hot to the touch and I had to shut down. This machine was the most expensive purchase for me ever. It is being used only on weekends and never abused. I think I have a "Lemon"! Does anyone agree? Something seriously wrong with the AC and mower!

/ Toolcat 5600c Overheating Issue #22  
Sounds like a strange explanation to me. 94F is not that hot and definitely overheating at 75F is crazy with or without A/C. Where I live, there are many days over 94F. They need to find out what is wrong. Radiator plugged? Make sure all fins in the radiator are clean. Fan working properly? Thermostat not working correctly? I wouldn't call it a lemon because there should be a cause. Keep complaining to the dealer or take it to another dealer. The C series is suppose to have better cooling than the A or B and those had trouble due to radiator getting clogged when mowing.
I thought someone on TBN had a fan that turned slowly or not at all until he pushed it with a stick. That may have been on a D series which has the "smart fan". It was replaced and no more problems.

Update: Talked with the owner of the establishment from which I made the purchase. He too suggests that none of this should be happening and is contacting his District Bobcat Rep. There is one simple fact for me! I have a 33 acre estate on which the Toolcat does many chores. Having said that, many of you make your living with Bobcat equipment. If this were the case I would be in a world of hurt! My Toolcat after a year is in showroom condition and not pushed hard at all. After each mowing I use air to clean the radiator so this is not an issue. It's a deadly combination of the A/C and the mower. Sadly to say that mowing is my greatest chore for the Toolcat with 15 acres of grass. They are coming to pickup the machine on Friday! I have had this problem since it was delivered in June 2006. I will keep all posted and will not let up on Bobcat until this is solved.

/ Toolcat 5600c Overheating Issue #24  
Keep after them. I had a problem with not getting good heat in my JD 3720 cab CUT this last winter. About 7 trips to two different dealers. Multiple contacts with area rep. Finally a dealer in Michigan figured it out and through turbo36 on TBN, I got the answer. Turbo36 had the same problem. Told my dealer and problem was fixed. I too got the answer, "that is just how it works" or "those small tractors just can't make enough heat."

The Bobcat Tech at my dealer phoned today! They have ordered and are going to replace the cooling fan! I hope this solves the problem, I have been dealing with this for a year. I am trying to be professional and respectfull with all involved, but with a machine this expensive, I just have to wonder. More on the overheating saga as it evolves. Thanks to all for the great suggestions of which I will begin to implement.

/ Toolcat 5600c Overheating Issue #26  
Good bet the fan is the problem. Let us know how it works out. I still chuckle about the explanation that it wasn't designed to be used if 90+ degrees and humid without running hot.

/ Toolcat 5600c Overheating Issue #27  
I don't think anyone has mentioned the radiator cap. I have a pressure tester for them and find they fail this test in less than a year.

/ Toolcat 5600c Overheating Issue #28  
BobRip said:
I don't think anyone has mentioned the radiator cap. I have a pressure tester for them and find they fail this test in less than a year.
I made a similar post about the radiator cap earlier. I know it may sound simple but it just may be the cause of the overheating. I assume most readers know this but maybe there are a few who don't? Increasing the pressure in a cooling system raises the normal boiling point of 212 degrees. If your cooling system can't maintain the proper pressure, you may be fine on a 70-80 degree day and overheat on a 90+ day. I now twist my cap until it clicks several times and my 06' "C" seriers. I have not overheated in hundreds of hours. And I run a 72" mower through some really high weeds, stopping approx. every hour to clean between radiator and oil cooler.

I appreciate all the interest, and I never thought about the cap. I will certainly pay attention to that. I purchased by 5600c last June and have had this ongoing problem since. However, The Toolcat is by far the best piece of equipment I have ever owned, what it does, it does better that anything else and that is why I am anxious and patient in getting this problem solved.

/ Toolcat 5600c Overheating Issue #30  
This has been mentioned already but didn't get a lot of response. I'll mention it again because it was the cure to all heat issues on my A which now is approaching 1000 hours since I got it. BE SURE to flip up the rad and clean between them, not just on top.

I always kept mine clean as well, and cleaned the rad off as best I could at each use. Later they provided the rad cover which helped, too. (The cover wasn't on the originals. The rad just sat in the open.) Always had heating issues.

Once I started flipping the rad up and cleaning BETWEEN, it never overheats. It can be immaculate on the ouside but if there's even a bit of junk in between, you'll have heating issues.

Sorry to labor the point, but it was the cure for me, after numerous trips by the Bobcat techs and through our own shop as well.

BLES