Bell Housing recall

/ Bell Housing recall #1  

stobswan

I purchased a D model TC midsummer and have 53 hrs. on it. Recently when hooking up a snowblower I had difficulty connecting the plug ins. When I started up the rotor would not turn and it was spilling Hyd. fluid. The dealer could not find a hyd. leak, but noted a problem with ice not allowing complete attachment and recommended using a torch to heat the plug in in ice conditions. However in inspecting the machine he found a shredde belt and noted a maching problem in the bell housing and pulley alignment which Bobcat was furnishing a factory recall and replacement but have not notified owners. My neighbor who purchased a TC at the same time brought his machine over and it also needs the housiing replaced.
I thank the contributors of this forum for all the useful info and support.

/ Bell Housing recall #2  
I don't have a Toolcat but I thank you for letting everyone else on here know of this problem.

/ Bell Housing recall #3  
stobswan said:
I purchased a D model TC midsummer and have 53 hrs. on it. Recently when hooking up a snowblower I had difficulty connecting the plug ins. When I started up the rotor would not turn and it was spilling Hyd. fluid. The dealer could not find a hyd. leak, but noted a problem with ice not allowing complete attachment and recommended using a torch to heat the plug in in ice conditions. However in inspecting the machine he found a shredde belt and noted a maching problem in the bell housing and pulley alignment which Bobcat was furnishing a factory recall and replacement but have not notified owners. My neighbor who purchased a TC at the same time brought his machine over and it also needs the housiing replaced.
I thank the contributors of this forum for all the useful info and support.

i think bobcat has been good about dealing with this issue. bad alignment between the drive motor and rex roth pump under load - either a casting or idler pully issue.

/ Bell Housing recall #4  
Heating the plug with a torch? I hope he wasn't referring to the electrical plug...the plug guts will melt. I recommend a Harbor Freight heat gun for defrosting hyd couplers and roasting the occasional marshmallow when a campfire isn't available. A hair dryer will help an iced-up electrical connector with much less risk of a meltdown. The electrical connector can also use some contact lube/cleaner on occasion when in icy conditions. Water/ice just seem to like to collect there on my TC.

My Bobcat dealer has been forthright in discussing the casting/alignment problem.

/ Bell Housing recall #5  
I have 4 attachments that utilize the front hydraulics and the blower gives me the most problems. I attribute it to being cold so the pressure relief is harder to push in and ice buildup that I don't always notice. I've never had it leak once I get it connected though. I always keep a rag in the cab to wipe off the couplers before I connect them.

dsb

/ Bell Housing recall #6  
My mechanic called today requesting I bring my machine in for the Bell housing warranty . He had one other unit that he has already done. Great that Bobcat is taking care of this .