Toolcat 5600 Lawn Tires

/ Toolcat 5600 Lawn Tires #1  

dave o

Gentlemen:Does anyone use all wheel steer while havin lawn tires on?Is it appropiate not to use all wheel steer as least as possible.
Thanks

/ Toolcat 5600 Lawn Tires #2  
I am in my second summer of running turf tires during the summer. They work very well in letting me drive across my lawn without leaving treadmarks. They work far less well when things are wet, when they seem to have as much traction in mud and clay as a billiard ball.

(After getting stuck recently, I briefly daydreamed about Mattracks, but found they they are not suitible for a TC, due to clearance issues arising from four-wheel steer, and the fact that they raise the vehicle up so much, that the boom would no longer be the right length for attachments.)

I always leave my four-wheel steer on, except when driving down the road in "bunny" for the purpose of spinning the clay off my tires after getting un-stuck.

NDNewbie

/ Toolcat 5600 Lawn Tires
thanks bro

/ Toolcat 5600 Lawn Tires #5  
I changed over from the standard Titan Trac Loader tires to turf tires 2 summers ago, and had the wheels powdercoated at the same time. I use my TC on lawn and pastures often enough that I found it worthwhile to switch over, and they work great. I run 4 wheel steer all the time, and have no damage from the tires anymore. I have no traction problems with them, even for plowing snow in the winter. They grip at least as good as the Titans in snow.

I like the turf tires so much, I've been trying to sell the Titans!

/ Toolcat 5600 Lawn Tires #6  
MetroX,
Why did you powder coat the wheels? I've never heard of that before. I assume they do only the inside and outside faces?

/ Toolcat 5600 Lawn Tires #7  
The original orange 'paint' on my 2004 TC wheels started to peel off in less than one year, started where the centers are welded to the outer ring. I realize that at the heart of the TC is a work machine, meant more for getting a job done than for looking nice, and I'm OK with that. HOWEVER, I try to keep the equipment in good shape, and rusty wheels didn't cut it for me. So, when I bought the new turf tires I took the Titans off the original rims and had them powder coated with a high gloss silver. The powder coat paint is very durable, had it done two years ago for $60 per wheel, and still looks great.

I also have issues with the paint on the bed, which is peeling off in large flakes, does not appear to be any primer on the steel underneath, or the primer is letting go from the steel. Undecided if I should just bedliner the whole thing, or strip it down and paint it white with better materials.

/ Toolcat 5600 Lawn Tires #8  
I had the spray-on bed liner applied before I even got my TC from the dealer. That's worked great for me.

/ Toolcat 5600 Lawn Tires #9  
Hey metroX-
How much for the tires?
Goatman

/ Toolcat 5600 Lawn Tires #10  
Getting off subject a bit, but I was sorry I didn't have a spray-on bed liner installed when I first purchased the TC, but after seeing how the paint is coming off now I'm glad I didn't. I think I would have a removable spray in bed liner once the paint let go. One day I'm just going to have to pull it off, strip it and start from scratch with good primer and paint. Maybe then I'll have a liner sprayed in, when I know it has something to adhere too!

I paid about $1100 USD for the turf tires and wheels from local Bobcat dealer. Not a great deal, but I didn't have to go searching around to find compatible wheels. I needed to buy the extra wheels so I could use the TC while having the original wheels powdercoated, and now I have 4 spares I can swap on if the need arises. All in all, I'm not complaining.