V417

/ V417 #1  

dylan

Gold Member
Tractor
Toolcat B series
I was thinking i might be needed a "bigger" toolcat because it cannot handle some of my larger parking lots. Just looking for a few opinions on the following machine.

V417 VersaHandler Telescopic Tool Carrier - Bobcat Company

It is about the same foot print as the toolcat and has four wheel steer but it weights about 10 000 lbs and has 75 hp. the zoom boom will be handy and the larger tires should make it easier to get around in deep snow.

Does anyone have any experience with the V417 versa handler?

Do you think the broom will clear snow effectively?

Do you think it will handle a 10 foot pusher effectively?

Will it be able to use the snow blower i use for my toolcat.

Thanks for the input.

/ V417 #2  
Dylan,

For whatever it's worth. While I have not personally used the "handlers", a few years back a fellow snow contractor in the next town tried the CAT version. According to him, while it worked it was not a functional as a loader. As a side note, While I'm happy with both of my TC's I did just buy a Case Loader as a back up unit.

/ V417 #3  
Nice looking equipment, but it appears the boom has a single point of attachment like the TC...although the VH boom appears to be more stout. With my TC, I tend to fret about that single attachment point as a moment of significant force applied to the outer edge of a blade/blower/whatever seems like it could "tweak" the attachment plate and/or boom. The VH would seem to be in the same boat.

I really like the VH's cab accessibility...looks kinda like JCB skidsteers...a cool design IMO other than the single-arm boom. If anybody would like to buy me a VH to test, I'd gladly do it and report back. :D

/ V417
The dealer is lending me one next week to try out so i will post a report.

i was concerned about the boom abit but they do show lots of pics of it in the snow.

/ V417 #5  
they are suposed to be the cats meow!

if i had the $$$ i would have one for this winter.

It sill definately push a 10 foot box at 10k lbs and 75hp.

it should be able to run a blower and broom.

let us know..

/ V417
Well, i purchased the V417 last month and now have 200 hours on it. I'm very impressed so far. It is much more machine than the toolcat but really over kill for small applications. I use it on large parking lots with a 100" snow bucket. Just pushes like you would not believe. Stacks very well and is easy to handle. I hooked up my tc blower for a day. It throws the snow twice as far as the tc. the creep setting takes a bit to get use to. The blower does not work well in residential settings. too awkward. If I need to do residential with it, my 10' box blade is the easiest to use. I've found the blade does not work too well on parking lots as the v417 sits higher than my tc and the attachment point is too high so it does not clean very well.

Attachments

• Picture 157.jpg
    Picture 157.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 415
  • Picture 163.jpg
    Picture 163.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 403
  • Picture 164.jpg
    Picture 164.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 333
   / V417 #7  
Dylan

How is it for resis with the blade compared to the toolcat?
I have been looking to upgrade as well.
I want to put a bigger blade on the toolcat but I am afraid the single boom just won't handle it if I hit something out on the edge.
I have demoed small loaders and I still think the toolcat is better for small properties. Unfortunatly I wish I could get a better beefed up boom and linkage.
Mike

/ V417
I have a 6' box blade that extends to 10'. it can either push or pull the snow so it is perfect for residential. It is great to pull out each driveway with this machine. Power to spare. Overkill really. then I flip the blade over and push the pile onto the lawn. the extended reach of this machine can place the pile in the middle of the lawn. It is not as good as the snow blower which spreads the snow around ... but it does make quick work of them. It has a slower travel speed than the tc so you really want to be close together. It will push 5x what the toolcat will with ease. it doesn't cost too much more either.

I still prefer my tc with blower for residential. It is neater and spreads the snow around plus you can bring a shoveller with you.

/ V417 #9  
Thanks Dylan Yes the speed is always an issue. Even if the route is fairly tight.

/ V417 #10  
Well, i purchased the V417 last month and now have 200 hours on it. I'm very impressed so far. It is much more machine than the toolcat but really over kill for small applications. I use it on large parking lots with a 100" snow bucket. Just pushes like you would not believe. Stacks very well and is easy to handle. I hooked up my tc blower for a day. It throws the snow twice as far as the tc. the creep setting takes a bit to get use to. The blower does not work well in residential settings. too awkward. If I need to do residential with it, my 10' box blade is the easiest to use. I've found the blade does not work too well on parking lots as the v417 sits higher than my tc and the attachment point is too high so it does not clean very well.

If you don't mind, what was the ballpark price?