Toolcat 3 pt is here! Toolcat 5610.

/ Toolcat 3 pt is here! Toolcat 5610. #1  

radman1

Elite Member
Tractor
JD 4520, Toolcat 5610, Bobcat S300, Case-IH 125 Pro, Case-IH 245, IH 1086, IH 806
Got call from my dealer today. They have a 3 pt toolcat in stock. They are a select dealer and got a unit from Bobcat. This is not a prototype but one of the early pilot production units. They can order them but the computer ordering information is not currently in their system. The 3 pt version is called the 5610. I will take a look at it in a couple of days.

/ Toolcat 3 pt is here! Toolcat 5610. #2  
radman1 said:
Got call from my dealer today. They have a 3 pt toolcat in stock. They are a select dealer and got a unit from Bobcat. This is not a prototype but one of the early pilot production units. They can order them but the computer ordering information is not currently in their system. The 3 pt version is called the 5610. I will take a look at it in a couple of days.

So have you heard what the DOLLAR NUMBERS will be???

/ Toolcat 3 pt is here! Toolcat 5610.
No prices yet. Hopefully will have a little more info in a couple of days. Most dealers probably don't know of the 5610 yet.

/ Toolcat 3 pt is here! Toolcat 5610. #4  
radman1 said:
No prices yet. Hopefully will have a little more info in a couple of days. Most dealers probably don't know of the 5610 yet.

Did they drop the box off the back like the prototype?

/ Toolcat 3 pt is here! Toolcat 5610. #5  
like to see picture and list of new attachments 5610 can use thanks and of course price

I hope to see it tomorrow. Will try to get more information on specs, price, options etc.

PaulChristenson - I am nearly 100% positive the box will no longer be available with the 5610. I will try to confirm that tomorrow. I hope the box delete will offset the cost of the 3pt and pto, but the price will probably be higher than the 5600.

/ Toolcat 3 pt is here! Toolcat 5610. #7  
getsome pics if you can

Saw and drove the 5610 today. There is no dump box but instead a cap over the rear with 2 side pockets, each measuring about 2'x1' and about 1' deep. Big enough for a toolbox, few tools, chainsaw and similar sized items. The front of the plastic/fiberglass cap flips back to get access for maintenance. It looks a little stubby without the rear dump but the rear hydraulic 3 pt worked very smoothly with the external lift cylinder. Very easy to do fine grading movements up or down with the box blade that was on the back. Easier to control than a tractor 3 pt lift either up or down. The 5610 is only available with hi flow hydraulics. The hi flow is required to acheive the 30 pto hp. PTO is standard on the 5610.

The attached 3 pt box blade seemed far back when compared to a tractor. This is because the operator sits near the middle of the toolcat while on a tractor the seat is near the rear axle and closer to the attachment. Just kind of strange to see the box blade 5-6' behind rather than the typical 2-3'. Visibility however was very good and easy to see the rear implement.
I pulled a heaping load of dirt in the 6' box blade. Toolcat handled it with ease at 1/3 to 1/2 throttle. It seemed to pull it easier than my JD 3720 with cab (44hp). I think this is because of the heavier weight of the toolcat. No wheel slippage. Didn't seem to decrease the rpm to any significant degree despite partial throttle.

The 3 pt lift seemed very well built and maybe overbuilt. The all wheel steer is just fantastic and turns tighter than similar sized CUT. The salesman said Bobcat recommends using the rear attachment with front steering only. This is because of the considerable rear end swing with the all wheel steering. A rear mounted rotary mower is going to have a big swing with all wheel steering. Watch out for those nearby fences or buildings! The rear 3 pt also had a metal rod with numbers to help determine a repeatable depth setting by looking at the numbers. A CUT with the usual adjustable depth stop is better. The current lever used on the 5600 to raise/lower the dump box is now used to operate the 3 pt lift.

It has only 2 rear hydraulic outlets. I wished it had an option for 3. I could use 2 for TNT and a third for hydraulic scarifer on box blade, hydraulic angle for rear blade or other use. If I buy one, I would either add a hydraulic multiplier to the rear or run a set of hoses from the front auxilliary hydraulic to the rear for a 3rd set. Rear hydraulic output is 9 gpm which is a good flow rate for most rear attachments. The rear outlets are operated by momentary switches in the cab. The switch has to be held down to operate the rear flow. There is no detent for constant flow. If constant flow is need, then they recommend running it from the front hydraulic.

The original prototype had a tractor type drawbar. This model utilizes a typical 2" receiver. I prefer this due to more flexiblity in use of any hitch, hook, pintel or whatever.

The higher rear mounted radiator and cooling fan should allow much cleaner air flow with less debris in the radiator.

A complete MSRP price list is not yet available. However, orders can be taken. They priced out a unit for me. Currently they could price out only a loaded unit which had been ordered. 5610 with 2 rear hydraulics, hi flow, power hydraulic bob tach, road kit, cab a/c, radio, 68" low profile bucket with teeth, back up alarm, larger r4 tires, keyless start and attachment control kit was quoted at 48K. A similarly equipped 5600 would be about 42K. They estimated delivery in about 1 month.

If $$ wasn't a major factor in the buying equation, this machine would be clear winner over a similar CUT. The only other drawback would be the 84" FEL lift height compared to a CUT FEL. I really loved this machine and have had considerable experience with Bobcat skidsteers, JD 3720, JD 5300, Case-IH DX29 and Kubota 3710 for comparison.

I took some photos but will post them later. They requested I not make them public at this time.

Another point I forgot to mention was the suspension. Even with box blade on the rear, it traveled very nicely over ruts and clods compared to a CUT. Much smoother ride compared to a CUT which has larger rear tires. The rear suspension would sag about 1" when raising the box blade. Not real noticeable in most operating conditions.

Since the 5610 doesn't have a dump box, I have been working on a solution.

Carry-On Trailer Carry Hauler

These are sold at TSC and Northern Tool for $350. I already have one of these and have begun to modify it. I have a set of 4 HD rollers that I welded to the bottom. I plan to either put a sheet of plywood or steel decking over the mesh bottom and close in the sides with metal or wood. With my spee-co quick hitch and top link cylinder, I can quickly attach it to the 3 pt, take it where needed, quickly unhook it, load carry hauler with toolcat, back up and reattach the carry hauler. If I somewhat rear load the hauler, I believe I should be able to lower the rear rollers to the ground with the toplink, pull a rope to release the dump, raise the 3 pt and unload.

The carry hauler is 4'x6' and rated to carry 2500 lbs. As the carry hauler is currently made, my 3pt lift arms cannot go low enough to unhook it from the quick hitch. I put rollers under it to raise the overall height and so it is easy to move in my shed. If rollers are not desired, simple metal legs could be welded or bolted on to raise the height. The more adventuresome fabricator could attach a hydraulic lift cylinder to dump the hauler.

Another modification was also done on the carry hauler. It is not Cat I compatable in the height of the 3rd link. I cut off the existing top mount and welded on a 3x2x1/4" angle iron. This allowed me to raise the height about 1" to make it standard height. Now I can use the hook on the quick hitch instead of the adapter so I can quickly put it on and off. I also extended the 3pt mount on the hauler about 3" farther forward. This put it more in align with the lower pins and worked better with my hydraulic top link. The lower lift pin spacing is Cat I compatible.