air intake pre-cleaner

/ air intake pre-cleaner #1  

Rolando

Platinum Member
Tractor
Bobcat Toolcat High Flow Turbo C-series
On a minor note, I was at my dealer's yesterday ordering a pesky headliner push pin that keeps falling off and I happened to remember the question I recently posed about whether the air intake pre-cleaner was still available for the 'D' or new 5610 unit. The parts guy managed to find it and it is listed for the 'D' unit. There wasn't any reference to the 5610 on way or the other, but I suspect that the new engine cowl would interfere with the pipe that has to be worked over to the side of the cab to go up to the roof.

I was glad to hear this, since having the intake up high works so much better than closer to the ground. I know that the 'D's have the engine off to the side now and I suppose the air is taken in from the side, but that is still going to be behind the mower and everything it's kicking up.

By the way, I had my dealer check with his Bobcat rep and they told him that production should start and the pricing should be available for the 5610 in about a week. He also said that the information on the 5610 should be available on the web site by then as well.

Now that the 3PT version is eminent, I'm having to go back and assess whether I want it, or get a 'D' and keep a small tractor for the 3PT hitch duties. There's something to be said for having two separate pieces of equipment. Of course, having only one unit also means just one machine to maintain.

/ air intake pre-cleaner #2  
I do like the idea of the air intake precleaner located up high, especially for dusty conditions or mowing. Does the precleaner go up the side or back of the toolcat? I wouldn't think the cap/cowl on the 5610 would be a big issue. The 5610 cap isn't any wider or significantly taller than the 5600 box. Both the box and cap tip backwards.

Rolando, listen to the voice in your head - "I want/need the 5610".

I have a deal already in place with my local dealer on the trade in of a 40' Genie manlift and a % discount off of a 5610 with any attachments and accessories. Just a matter of waiting for Bobcat to allow ordering.

/ air intake pre-cleaner
The pipe is to the side and just behind the door. On the kit for the 'C', the pipe lays between the underside of the tilt bed and the top of the fuel tank. I was thinking that the cowl on the 5610 wouldn't have a gap below it like the tilt bed does. I need to take some pictures to show you how it fits on my machine. I'll dig out the camera tomorrow.

/ air intake pre-cleaner #4  
Rolando do you have the pictures of this long ago thread. looking to add air intake to my C

/ air intake pre-cleaner #5  
Rolando hasn't been on here since 2013, But I saved this picture of this Toolcat 5610 because I thought I might need a pre-cleaner some day:

Radman1 pre cleaner Nebraska.jpg

And a drawing:

precleaner.JPG

-

Last edited:
   / air intake pre-cleaner #7  
thanks for the help but I got it figured out. thought there was some special tube to get from the cleaner to the outside of the frame but not needed. 2-1/2" aluminum tube fit right between the frame rail and the bed along with a couple rubber elbows. my older machine will not work with the kit above as that is a 5610 and I have a 5600. my cleaner is now mounted on the passenger side of the machine. I have $110 in the whole deal and $80 of that is the pre-cleaner. been running for a week now with the set up and it is working like a top. if your interested I can shoot some pictures. Mike

/ air intake pre-cleaner #9  
will do. how high in the rockies? have clan in the lowlands, FT Morgan.