Toolcat 5610 pictures

/ Toolcat 5610 pictures #1  

radman1

Elite Member
Tractor
JD 4520, Toolcat 5610, Bobcat S300, Case-IH 125 Pro, Case-IH 245, IH 1086, IH 806
Here is a sneak preview of the 5610.

/ Toolcat 5610 pictures
A couple of other shots.

/ Toolcat 5610 pictures
Rear view from the cab.

/ Toolcat 5610 pictures
Most of the components are steel except the rockshaft which is cast. Any bent or broken parts should be easy to replace, including the lift cylinder.

/ Toolcat 5610 pictures #5  
So have they quoted you a date yet...:D

/ Toolcat 5610 pictures
Did talk with dealer today. The price list and ordering info is now available. He just needs to download it.

/ Toolcat 5610 pictures #7  
A couple of questions come to mind:

Is the engine compartment sealed from underneath, or at least somewhat closed off? I'm thinking that with the radiator perched up there, it may stay cleaner than the previous designs if most of the air gets sucked in from above. I don't have a cooling problem with my 'C' but with the caveat that I can't mow longer than three hours or so without stopping to clean the radiator. If I don't, it can still overheat. It would be nice to be able to mow the whole six or seven hours without stopping.

With the nice rake of the engine cowl and how far out the 3pt hitch sticks out, I wonder if it would be possible, with a high-mounted car-like rear view mirror, whether you would be able to get a good enough view of the 3-pt hitch work to the rear without getting a neck ache from turning around all the time? Now that would be a major improvement!

I see how they're handling the tool storage area. Not as roomy as the tilt bed, but a great improvement over what's available in a tractor.

How about some pictures inside the unit? I'm particularly interested in how they're handling the 3-pt hitch lift control and where the TNT controls would be. Which reminds me of another question. Have they thought about controlling the TNT controls from outside the cab when connecting an implement? I'm thinking specifically about extending and adjusting the hydraulic top link to push the pin through. I use the Pat's Easy Change, so grabbing the lower links from inside the cab isn't a problem.

/ Toolcat 5610 pictures #8  
radman1 said:
Rear view from the cab.

I'm thinking back to your post of July 17 where you mentioned that there were only 2 rear hydraulic outlets. Don't these rear view photos show 4 outlets?

/ Toolcat 5610 pictures #9  
It looks like there's only one cylinder for the 3-pt hitch lift. Don't tractors usually have two?

/ Toolcat 5610 pictures
Rolando said:
A couple of questions come to mind:

Is the engine compartment sealed from underneath, or at least somewhat closed off? I'm thinking that with the radiator perched up there, it may stay cleaner than the previous designs if most of the air gets sucked in from above. I don't have a cooling problem with my 'C' but with the caveat that I can't mow longer than three hours or so without stopping to clean the radiator. If I don't, it can still overheat. It would be nice to be able to mow the whole six or seven hours without stopping.

With the nice rake of the engine cowl and how far out the 3pt hitch sticks out, I wonder if it would be possible, with a high-mounted car-like rear view mirror, whether you would be able to get a good enough view of the 3-pt hitch work to the rear without getting a neck ache from turning around all the time? Now that would be a major improvement!

I see how they're handling the tool storage area. Not as roomy as the tilt bed, but a great improvement over what's available in a tractor.

How about some pictures inside the unit? I'm particularly interested in how they're handling the 3-pt hitch lift control and where the TNT controls would be. Which reminds me of another question. Have they thought about controlling the TNT controls from outside the cab when connecting an implement? I'm thinking specifically about extending and adjusting the hydraulic top link to push the pin through. I use the Pat's Easy Change, so grabbing the lower links from inside the cab isn't a problem.
I didn't take any pictures inside the cab. The lever that lifted the box on the 5600 is the same lever that now lifts the 3 point. You see 4 connection outlets in the picture. 2 outlets for each cylinder/set of hoses. Can't run 3 separate cylinders. The controls for the rear hydraulics are rocker type switches that sit right behind the 3 point lift lever on the center console. They are run electrically and not mechanically and therefore no "hydraulic lever".
The single lift cylinder on the 3 point is not a bad idea. I see some ag tractors that have a single, assist cylinder on the rockshaft. Bigger tractors needing more lift will have 2 cylinders on the lift. The rockshaft seemed very well built and single cylinder should be fine. No need to 2 small cylinders if one single can do the job.

I didn't think about using the rearview mirror to see the attachment. The pictures I took were taken looking backwards and to the right from the driver's seat. I am 5'10 and want a good representation from the seat. If rearview mirror sits higher and I would think the view would be better or similar.
I would have to believe the higher placement of the fan should be much better for keeping the radiator clean. Ideally, the screen should be much larger and stand several inches away from the radiator like I see on most tractors. This would allow a much larger surface area and slow down the velocity of the air coming through the screen.

Controling the rear hydraulic from outside switches is a nice idea but not available on the 5610. Some cab tractor have switches on the rear fenders but not here. An advantage of a open station tractor is that you can reach from the rear to move the hydraulics. I have a cab CUT and it is a little trial and error on hooking of the hydraulic top link on some implements. In the cab, out of the cab, back in the cab, and out of the cab..... I will still take the cab over that inconvenience.:)