Toolcat 5610 delivered

/ Toolcat 5610 delivered
I'll try to post some pix in the next couple of days.
I picked up the Carry-On hauler from Tractor Supply. It only fit in a pick-up bed sideways. It is larger than anticipated even though I knew the dimensions.
It is 6 feet wide and sticks out on either side of the of the wider turf tires. With it being attached to the 3 pt. it extends way back from the end of the unit.
With the 4 wheel steering the back of the hauler swings very wide. Wide enough that I knocked over a yard lamp post even though I thought I was well past it. Chalk one up to the school of hard knocks, literally....
Mike

/ Toolcat 5610 delivered #12  
The swing of the 3pt with the 5610 is quite impressive in 4 wheel steer. It is probably best to leave it in 2 wheel steer with rear implements unless you have lots of room.
Is the carry hauler lift pins too low to hook to the lift arms of the 5610? It was too low for my CUT. Therefore, I added the 5" steel wheels beneath the carrier to raise it. Now I can get my quick hitch hooks under the pins.

/ Toolcat 5610 delivered #13  
Hey radman, how about some pictures of your modifications to the hauler? I'm wondering if this would be a possibility to be able to carry a water tank without a trailer. It's probably not a great option, since after the weight of the hauler itself, I could only carry about 1500 lbs of water. With a trailer, the Toolcat can pull 4k, if the 5610 has the same rating as the 'D'.

I wonder, if you installed a pair of swiveling casters on the back of the hauler and didn't connect the top link, could you double the load? The lower links would now be lifting only half the load with the casters carrying the other half. This wouldn't be as mobile as a full 3-pt mount, but easier to back up and more maneuverable than a trailer. You would need fairly big-wheeled casters, of course. I wonder if the make a caster that can carry 1500 or 2000 lbs?

Did you see these reviews at Northern Tool? Some expressed concerns about the strength of the lower link mounts. I know that you have the capability to weld and reinforce, but I don't, so I would be dependent on having others work on it.

/ Toolcat 5610 delivered #14  
Bobcat has finally decided to disclose the Toolkitty.

jmf

/ Toolcat 5610 delivered #15  
Hey radman, how about some pictures of your modifications to the hauler? I'm wondering if this would be a possibility to be able to carry a water tank without a trailer. It's probably not a great option, since after the weight of the hauler itself, I could only carry about 1500 lbs of water. With a trailer, the Toolcat can pull 4k, if the 5610 has the same rating as the 'D'.

I wonder, if you installed a pair of swiveling casters on the back of the hauler and didn't connect the top link, could you double the load? The lower links would now be lifting only half the load with the casters carrying the other half. This wouldn't be as mobile as a full 3-pt mount, but easier to back up and more maneuverable than a trailer. You would need fairly big-wheeled casters, of course. I wonder if the make a caster that can carry 1500 or 2000 lbs?

Did you see these reviews at Northern Tool? Some expressed concerns about the strength of the lower link mounts. I know that you have the capability to weld and reinforce, but I don't, so I would be dependent on having others work on it.

I have not yet used the carry hauler for any significant weight. The lower pins are placed through 3" channel iron with 1/4" plate welded inside of the channel iron for reinforcement. It seems like it should do ok. Maybe the 1/4" plate is something that was added due to complaints.
The angle iron use is a little on the light side for my liking but I tend to overbuild my projects. The top and bottom frames and support are probably 2"x2"x3/16" angle iron. I will price some light gauge steel tommorrow and may enclose the sides and cover the mesh bottom. 2nd choice would be to use wood to enclose. The additonal steel would give better overall strength.

I will try to post some pictures tomorrow. I have pictures but still on the camera. Still trying to figure out if I want to mount a dump cylinder. The dump hinge is nearly in the middle of the hauler and it won't take much to make it dump, even if by hand. If load it toward the back, it will dump itself.
I do have a slight bow in the bottom frame in the back. Don't know if it was made that way or if it was tied down to tightly when being hauled. Should be easy to bow back. For $350 and the amount of time involved to build one, I think they maybe a good idea for the 5610 or a CUT to give some cargo capacity and it maybe a great way to unhook, load and reconnect to haul material. I am hoping I can turn it into a great idea.

The hauler is rated for 2500# but that is probably excessive given its current state. 1500# is probably more reasonable.

/ Toolcat 5610 delivered #16  
Bobcat has finally decided to disclose the Toolkitty.

jmf

Off topic....kinda....
Good grief. I can't believe they chose to put a pic of a 3-point snow blower (complete with twisted-neck operator) as one of their lead-in images at that URL.

/ Toolcat 5610 delivered #17  
maybe some swivel casters from a 3pt bush hog mower would work on your dumpster?

/ Toolcat 5610 delivered
Here are some pictures,
1. This is the 90 in. mower
DSC_0165.JPG
DSC_0166.JPG

This is the 6 ft. wide carry hauler next to the mower
DSC_0167.JPG

This is the 3 pt. on the carry hauler, it is beefy enough to me,
DSC_0168.JPG

5610 3 pt
DSC_0169.JPG

Wider, bigger tires
DSC_0170.JPG

3 pt height indicator
DSC_0171.JPG

/ Toolcat 5610 delivered #19  
Beautiful! Mine is ordered and just waiting for delivery. Your carry hauler is a little bit different in construction than mine. Nothing major but subtle differences. Probably manufactured at different locations. I ordered a 72x48" sheet of 14 gauge diamond deck steel for the floor or my carry hauler today and a 13x72" 14 gauge plate steel for the tailgate. Cost was $175. I will just cover the sides and front with wood. The price of the steel if I covered everything was approaching $300. I bought a 1.5" bore by 6" stroke cylinder from Surplus Center today and will fabricate a hydraulic lift for the dump next week. I will get pictures as I do the project. I went with steel for the bottom and tailgate so material would slide out easily when dumped. I think wood could also work. At the 3000 psi of the toolcat hydraulics, the cylinder would exert 5000 lbs of force. If I place it at an angle of 30 degrees, I figure it will have plenty of force to lift the dump because the dump pivot point is so close to the center. At 30 degrees the lifting force should still be near 1500-1800 lbs. I had planned on using an existing 2.5" cylinder but the force was getting so high, I didn't want to make it that strong.

How light does the back end feel with the mower hanging out the front?

I like the wider turf tires but ordered the 29" lug tires. I get some mud and my experience with turf tires in mud has been not good. The turf should give better floation and some believe better in snow. I ordered the low profile 68" bucket with bolt on teeth. Low profile is 3" longer than the usual general purpose bucket, holds 16 sq. ft vs 11 sq ft of the GP. It also weighs about 2x of the GP bucket. I can use it on my skid steer if I need to with the heavier bucket. Dealer recommended the low profile 68" bucket as the ideal bucket for the toolcat. (In his opinion.)

/ Toolcat 5610 delivered #20  
Beautiful! Mine is ordered and just waiting for delivery. Your carry hauler is a little bit different in construction than mine. Nothing major but subtle differences. Probably manufactured at different locations. I ordered a 72x48" sheet of 14 gauge diamond deck steel for the floor or my carry hauler today and a 13x72" 14 gauge plate steel for the tailgate. Cost was $175. I will just cover the sides and front with wood. The price of the steel if I covered everything was approaching $300. I bought a 1.5" bore by 6" stroke cylinder from Surplus Center today and will fabricate a hydraulic lift for the dump next week. I will get pictures as I do the project. I went with steel for the bottom and tailgate so material would slide out easily when dumped. I think wood could also work. At the 3000 psi of the toolcat hydraulics, the cylinder would exert 5000 lbs of force. If I place it at an angle of 30 degrees, I figure it will have plenty of force to lift the dump because the dump pivot point is so close to the center. At 30 degrees the lifting force should still be near 1500-1800 lbs. I had planned on using an existing 2.5" cylinder but the force was getting so high, I didn't want to make it that strong.

How light does the back end feel with the mower hanging out the front?

I like the wider turf tires but ordered the 29" lug tires. I get some mud and my experience with turf tires in mud has been not good. The turf should give better floation and some believe better in snow. I ordered the low profile 68" bucket with bolt on teeth. Low profile is 3" longer than the usual general purpose bucket, holds 16 sq. ft vs 11 sq ft of the GP. It also weighs about 2x of the GP bucket. I can use it on my skid steer if I need to with the heavier bucket. Dealer recommended the low profile 68" bucket as the ideal bucket for the toolcat. (In his opinion.)

i like the 29 lugs. the extra ground clearance is good. much better in dirt than the turf tread. not as easy on the lawn if wet. if your primary purpose is not mowing or using on lawns i would go with the lug. for snow you want tall skinny tires to give you clearance and high wt per inch for traction. wide tires are not as good. lugs are not as good as a off road type tread - no perfect tire for everything. i find the 27 turf (not the wide) and 29 lug pretty comparable on snow/ice. with the lugs you would theoretically have less lateral stability.

with the 90 you should have no problem - it is not that heavy - nothing compared to the brushcat. i really like the 90. i even use it on my woods roads - very easy to change heights. it is one attachment that feels like it was designed for the tc. i dont add any wt in the back and it is fine. with the snowblower, tiller, or brushcat i throw in at least a few hundred pounds out back.

i have the 68 lp and a 60 lp with teeth. i did not want to have to bolt on/off the teeth every time i needed them - they are aggressive. i think my dealer said the teeth were not ok'd on the tc for any bucket. they really help for digging (such as sod removal). the 60 is perfect with teeth. i use the bigger bucket for smoothing, moving dirt, and moving snow.

i wonder how long bobcat will continue using kubota engines??? their parent company obviously could supply a similar displacement for less. i hope they stay with kubota.