5610 pto usage and 3pt lift

/ 5610 pto usage and 3pt lift #1  

3Bladz

Silver Member
Tractor
a real 4320JD and a 3720JD 5610 Toolcat "Luigi"
I sure would like to hear some results of using the pto and 3point. I really want to know if it would run my old woods D80 two bladed bush hog. Also concerned if it will pick up my 72" brillion seeder, its pretty heavy.
I might replace my JD3720 if it can handle my existing 3pt stuff.

/ 5610 pto usage and 3pt lift #2  
Take a look at this thread that Radman put up. It gives you the PTO horsepower and lifting capacity.

They're kind of limited in my opinion. I think the intention with this machine is to give you a 3pt hitch and PTO for the casual user. Maybe others can chime in with their opinions about the 3pt hitch specs for the 5610.

I've decided I want to get this machine, but my expectations for the 3-pt hitch don't go much beyond being able to use a box blade or a disk harrow. I have a Befco H70 88 inch flail mower that needs at least 30 hp, so I won't be able to use it with the Toolcat. I don' know how much you can do with just 25 hp at the PTO.

/ 5610 pto usage and 3pt lift #3  
I have a ordered a 5610. Hope it shows up this week or next. I have a JD 3720 cab and will be keeping it on the farm. The 3720 has 2200# lift and the 5610 has 1775# lift. Both measured 24" past the lift arms. I have a 72" Landpride primary seeder which should be similar to your brillon. Mine weighs 1200# empty and about 1400# loaded. The 5610 should easily lift it. I plan to make a few "adjustments" to the 5610 to optimize the lift. 5610 has a single, external lift cylinder. The mounts for the cylinder are tight and I don't think there is room for a larger diameter cylinder.

The lift arms on the 5610 seem longer than the 3720. I don't know if this is an error on Bobcats design or if the longer arms are needed to get a pto shaft to connect correctly. The long lift arms decrease the lift ability.

/ 5610 pto usage and 3pt lift
Thanks for posting the lift rating for the 3720. Saved me from looking it up. I turned up the relief on mine a little so it would lift one of my tools. (an Aeravator with cultipackers mounted on the back of it,-not as heavy as my brillion but the weight is so far back it prolly acts twice as heavy)

/ 5610 pto usage and 3pt lift #5  
I am about to try my 5610 with an 84" Bush Hog rotary cutter. I had not used it in over 2 years and the pto drive shaft was rusted such that it would not telescope. It is now ready to go and we'll see how it does it 3 foot tall field grass.

I am about to try my 5610 with an 84" Bush Hog rotary cutter. I had not used it in over 2 years and the pto drive shaft was rusted such that it would not telescope. It is now ready to go and we'll see how it does it 3 foot tall field grass.

Thats what Im talkin about! Can't wait to hear.

Also been wonderin how heavy of stuff the 90" front mount bobcat mower will handle, if I had sell my two woods mowers (D80 & RM90) Would one deck do both tasks?

/ 5610 pto usage and 3pt lift #7  
I picked up a shop and parts manual today for the 5610. The 3 pt lift capacity 24" behind the lift point is 1775 lbs with the 62" (257#) bucket. Without the bucket, it is rated at 1450 lbs. This leads me to believe that the true 3 pt lift maybe higher than the rated 1775 lbs. The ROC of the front lift is 1500 lbs with the 3pt hitch and 1300 lbs without the 3 pt lift. (It is widely known the front will lift 2000 lbs.)

Other specs include 3180 psi for the rear remote couplers. 3000 psi for the front auxillary couplers. Relief setting for the 3 pt and tilt cylinders is 3335 psi.

The 3 pt lift arms can go as low as 6.16" and as high as 31.5" (27" tires)

Work hydraulic flow 9.1 gpm.

In the option section of the parts manual, they list the known tires such as the 27" and 29" lug and turf tires. Surprisingly, they also list the bobcat brand super float tire which is 30.5x12x16.5 10ply tire.

Last edited:
Great info, thanks for posting it. I am suprised the flow is that much lower at the rear, although I don't know why it would need to be higher. Doesn't sound like you would be able to increase the 3point lift relief if it already that high.
The dealer here is looking for one for me to see. I dont think they want to speculate on having it for inventory. And I'm not spending that kinda cash on the word of a brochure.

/ 5610 pto usage and 3pt lift #9  
3Bladz

The 9.1 gpm is what they call "work" flow. (The steering is 6 gpm and the front aux hydraulics with high flow are near 27.9 gpm). It think work flow is the flow to most of the cylinders and 3 pt. Most of the toocat cylinders are 2.5" bore cylinders and it doesn't take a lot of flow to move them relatively fast. Most mid to larger CUTs will run in the 7-9 gal range.
Until I reviewed the manuals, one doesn't realize just how many hydraulics curcuits and valves are in one of these machines. Valves for lift, tilt, pto motor, power steering, 3 pt. rear hydraulics, front hydraulics, power bobtach etc. Most hydraulic valves have check valves as well. Yet, I will probably add another 1-2 sets of hydraulics. Looking at the scematics, I should be able to put another set of couplers in the back and one in the front. There is a hose going to the rear hydraulic valve. I should be able to splice into that with a selenoid valve/diverter and get another 2 sets of hydraulics.

I had considered increasing the psi for the rear lift but probably will leave it alone. I am considering drilling new holes for the stabilizers back a couple of inches in the link arms. Then use the existing stabilizer holes for the adjustable lift rods. This will put the lift rods back a few inches and increase the lift capacity a little without significantly changing the geometry. I could also just place the lift arms in new holes behind the stabilizers. May have to do a little experimenting.

/ 5610 pto usage and 3pt lift #10  

Any news to report back on the 7' mower? I have 5 acres waiting to be mowed with a 6' bush hog. About average of 2' tall grass. I just waiting for the delivery.