Sand Spreader recommendation

/ Sand Spreader recommendation #1  

DEWFPO

Veteran Member
Tractor
2009 Bobcat Toolcat 5600 D
I only need a light duty (min. 200 lb. capacity) sand spreader for either the bed of the Toolcat or the receiver hitch. I'd like to get recommendations from those of you that use them and are happy with their operation.

Thanks, DEWFPO

/ Sand Spreader recommendation #2  
I had a hitch mounted version but even with tube sand, it kept on clogging so I sold it. I ended up getting a quicktach version that is hydraulically operated with a great agitator and it never clogs even with sand clumped with ice.

It makes the driveway more work since I need to blow first and then go and put on the sander but the hitch mounted thing didn't work AT all. Reading others who have them, I would steer way clear of them unless you are spreading only salt.

/ Sand Spreader recommendation
Thanks,

I only spread sand, and moisture in the sand/ice has always been a problem.

DEWFPO

/ Sand Spreader recommendation #5  
I hope it's okay to revive this old thread. I've been looking into a sand spreader and have the same requirements as DEWFPO. I would like to have a spreader that fits in the back of the Toolcat. Has anyone used the Bobcat SP12 that is specially designed for use on the Toolcat 5600? If so, how do you like it? Do you prefer another spreader? What is the cost roughly of the Bobcat SP12?

/ Sand Spreader recommendation #6  
I found this YouTube video. Bobcat SnowEx V-Pro SP-3000 Spreader for Toolcat: Bobcat Sno-Ex Vee Pro 3 Salt Sand Spreader For UTV Toolcat 56 Fro Sale - YouTube

The guy in the video claims that the Bobcat SP12 spreader is actually a SnowEx V-Pro SP-3000 model spreader (V-ProSP-3/SP-6 Sand & Salt Spreaders | SnowEx). A new SP-3000 spreader costs around $4,250 (SnowEx SP-3 Spreader .5 Cu.Yd. V-Pro UTV Truck Bed). If you're on the East Coast you can get if for $3,600 (New SnowEx SP 3 Dual electric motor Variable speed control Poly 1/2 yard).

This $2,650 SaltDogg Spreader looks similar (https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200360010_200360010). I don't know if one is better than the other, or if the SaltDogg fits in the Toolcat bed. The Q&A section states that it can spread sand. This also comes with a tarp cover.

Does anyone have experience with either of these?

/ Sand Spreader recommendation #7  
I have a sander for my 5600"F" and performed a rather extensive search on suppliers, manufactured and models. The Sno-Ex Vee Pro 3000 is the basis for all others. My Bobcat unit is exactly the same as the Sno-Ex product. The Sno-Ex 3000 also appears to be the base for the Kubota model as well, probably used on their RTV family. SO take your pick on the model that is best supported locally. A few notes on the product:
1) .5 yard is small, great for my horse farm but may be too small for any commercial or industrial application.
2) Be very careful on the material of choice. 100% salt is great, 100% sand is horrible. A 50/50 mix works OK, but I found a mixture with larger grain material and salt is best
3) Test before you fill!! Most newer Vee Pro 3000 type products have baffle system made up of 3 plates. Getting the material composition correct needs to be aligned with the proper baffle.