Tractor
    Toolcat D

Default Do I need a port relief valve?

Got a 62" combination bucket to use with my 5600T. The owner's manual says that a "port relief valve" must be installed on the 5600T before using the bucket. Is this really necessary? If so, why? Can't get an answer from the dealership! The bucket seems to work just fine as is.

Default Re: Do I need a port relief valve?

you do not need the port relief

Bronze Member

combination bucket? as in 4 in 1?

no you don't need, the bucket works off your aux hydraulics as is.

and i'd be looking for a new dealer, the answere they gave you is appalling. do they have any idea at all about what they are selling?

Tractor
    Toolcat D

Finally got an answer fom the dealership...they say no, the port relief valve is not really necessary to use the combination (4 in 1) bucket but that, for warranty purposes, I should probably have one installed. They have ordered the part and will send a mechanic out to install it...ALL FREE OF CHARGE. Can't argue with that. Still have not gotten a good answer as to why the bucket owner's manual recommends the port relief valve if it's really not necessary!