Gold Member
    Tractor
    BX-23

Default Dump bed goes up but won't come down

I've come across a strange bug. My in-cab dump bed valve won't budge after I raise the dump bed to maximum height. I can fix the problem by manually bleeding hyd fluid from one of the two bed lift cylinders. This relief of pressure in that circuit allows the operator to then lower the bed. The bed works fine as long as I don't raise it to absolute max. height.

My "if it hurts to poke yourself in the eye, then don't poke yourself in the eye" approach of not raising the dump bed to max. height works fine, but I'm sorta curious what may be the problem here. Any ideas?

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Deere 4720 Cab

Default Re: Dump bed goes up but won't come down

Seems to me that has happened with mine before. Don't recall if I was on a slope but as I recall I held the switch and started moving the TC and it came down.

dsb

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    2006 JD 3520 w/cab & 300CX loader. 1995 JD 870 w/440 loader & 8b backhoe.JD 455 w/54" mower deck.

Default Re: Dump bed goes up but won't come down

Try getting the front of the truck downhill and see if that helps. Maybe go forward downhill and stop fast.
    "Good judgement comes from experience.Experience comes from bad judgement."