Gold Member
    Tractor
    BX-23

Default Replacement Battery Options ?

The battery in my TC will probably need replacement soon. I've searched my manuals but I find no mention of the battery's physical size. I think it's a Group 24 but I thought I'd see if anybody knew for sure. I'm thinking about replacing it with an Optima yellow top from Costco.

Thanks for any info!

Elite Member
    Tractor
    JD 4520, Toolcat 5610, Bobcat S300, Case-IH 125 Pro, Case-IH 245, IH 1086, IH 806

Default Re: Replacement Battery Options ?

There are 2 battery sizes for my 2008 TC. 600 amp standard and 950 amp cold weather starting. I have the larger battery which is Group 31.

As Radman1 states the HD battery is a group size 31 and it's a snug fit. If money were no object, I would replace it (when it's due) with an Odyssey 31-PC2150. But I hope that time is a long way off.

Tip : These batteries are also sold under the "Sears Platinum Marine PM-1" for less money and no shipping at a local Sears.

PC2150 S and PC2150 T - Odyssey batteries

DEWFPO
    2009 Toolcat 5600 "D-Series", Hi-Flow, 29's, 72" SB-200, 84" Snowblade, 62" Lo-Pro Bucket

SOLD - 2006 MF GC2300, 2350 FEL, 2315 MMM, 2360 SB, KingKutter CarryAll

Tractor
    Bobcat s185

Spudgunner, Optimas are suppose to be great for abuse type vibration because of the spiral cell design, my buddies and I allrun them in our built 4x4s, lights, winch, etc.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota F2400, Kubota F2100, Farmtrac 360, Tool Cat

I bought a new battery and it has over 1000 cca - see my 'dead toolcat' posting.

It was a very snug fit - but it fit.

Those 30 second glow plug warmings in the cold get me nervous regarding battery power.

The dealer installed replacement battery was about 700 cca and was 16 months old when it died.

My new battery has a 2 year replacement warranty, while the old one had a 1 year replacement warranty.

Yooper Dave

Tractor
    Yanmar YM2000D

A group 24 is (L) 10 1/4 x (W) 6 13/16 x (H) 8 7/8 so your tray should be slightly bigger and if it'll fit in the tray you can use it.
    Optima's are good batteries and highly vibration resistant due to the AGM construction. They are best for high CCA requirements (starting). Deep cycle is not their forte since they can't make the cells larger without making them taller. They can only make the plates slightly thicker than the red top.