Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Gold Member
    Tractor
    BX-23

Default Re: Steering while stopped

Try turning Horsepower Management OFF and see if you can steer while stopped. Worked for me. (D Series)

Elite Member
    Tractor
    JD 4520, Toolcat 5610, Bobcat S300, Case-IH 125 Pro, Case-IH 245, IH 1086, IH 806

Quote Originally Posted by Spudgunner View Post
    Try turning Horsepower Management OFF and see if you can steer while stopped. Worked for me. (D Series)
    Spudgunner

How do you like the TC overall with the Hp management off?

Gold Member
    Tractor
    BX-23

Quote Originally Posted by radman1 View Post
    Spudgunner

My TC had a Near Death Experience a couple of days ago. We are in the midst of a huge snow storm and the TC starting doing some "extreme lurching" when trying to go forward or backwards. Was intermittant, but most of the time I was having significant trouble. No diagnostic codes.

My first thought was water in the fuel; however, I noticed that the _displayed_ RPM was all over the map when the trouble was taking place yet the engine was purring just fine. (I figure I've got a bad RPM sensor, but don't know 100% yet.) Anyway, I turned off HP Manglement. I think I read that RPM and throttle position are inputs to that system. My theory is that with RPM going bananas, the HPM followed suit. With HPM turned-off the thing is back to 100%. Even after I get this thing fixed I doubt if I'll turn HPM back on. I accidentally discovered the steering thing last night while doing snow removal.

Tractor
    Toolcat 5610 F. Bobcat V417 Versahandler. TORO+Loader

Quote Originally Posted by 3Bladz View Post
    Why cant I turn the wheel when Stopped? Like when I want to do a 3 point turn. The steering wheel will turn about a half turn then it seems to run out of hydraulics until I start to move again.
    My 5610 F does the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudgunner View Post
    Turned off Horsepower Management, still can't turn the steering wheel while not moving on my F Series.

Quote Originally Posted by radman1 View Post
    Spudgunner

I couldn't tell any difference, but I didn't use it very long, I was brush hogging on mostly flat ground.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    BX-23

Wow, these threads never die! In order to facilitate the 3-pt turn, tell your right foot to press a bit on the hydro pedal while you try to turn the steering wheel. Experiment some and see if you get the "feel". Works Ok on my TC; however, it's not like a four-wheeler's power steering.

Tractor
    Toolcat 5610 F. Bobcat V417 Versahandler. TORO+Loader

For future reference, on my F series, pushing the Work Mode button makes it easier to steer while nearly stopped. And also for lining up the quick attach, on an attachment.
    My Avatar, the TORO+Loader: Kwik-Way FEL and TORO Groundsmaster Put Together

Compact Telehandler:
    V417 Versahander

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12