High Pitched squeal while moving

/ High Pitched squeal while moving #1  

DEWFPO

Veteran Member
Tractor
2009 Bobcat Toolcat 5600 D
Once moving it sounds like disk brake squeal. The kind of noise that is really annoying. No noise when stopped. Turned out to be the rubber CV boots on the front axle shafts rubbing. The mechanic sprayed WD40 on the edge of the large radius of all 4 front CV boots and the noise disappeared. He had it happen on another machine and said it took him a long time to figure out what it was. WD40 is never a permanent situation so I expect to be doing this again. The Toolcat only has 30 hours on it. Since I bought it , it hasn't snowed much here. In fact Denver is on target to have the Driest winter EVER on record.

DEWFPO

/ High Pitched squeal while moving #2  
I wouldn't keep using WD-40. Oil and rubber don't mix well. Get a silicone lube that won't rot the rubber.

/ High Pitched squeal while moving
I wouldn't keep using WD-40. Oil and rubber don't mix well. Get a silicone lube that won't rot the rubber.

Good tip, thanks. I'm not a big fan of WD-40 on rubber either but that's what he sprayed. He said the snow winds up washing out the lube on those things. Silicone sounds like a better, longer term solution.

DEWFPO

/ High Pitched squeal while moving #4  
i had/have same noise. same fix.

/ High Pitched squeal while moving
I'm glad to see it's not just my unit.

DEWFPO

/ High Pitched squeal while moving #6  
I did notice a mild squeal yesterday when I had the window open. Thanks for the info. I will give it a little silicone lube the next time I use it.