Bobcat flood

/ Bobcat flood #1  

3Bladz

Silver Member
Tractor
a real 4320JD and a 3720JD 5610 Toolcat "Luigi"
I heard everyone at Bobcat was out trying to build levies to deter flooding.
That is a real mess they are going to have deal with. Record flooding is expected through the next 5 days I think.

/ Bobcat flood #2  
Yeah, I received an email from Bobcat today showing some of their efforts. I guess they pretty much shut the plant down for the rest of the week so peole can attend to the town.

/ Bobcat flood #3  
well I was in Fargo today and you havent fought a flood till you get a blizzard at the same time
and they dynomited a bad ice jam south of Bismarck today the video on the news of that was kind of cool

the Bismarck crew and the fargo offices crew were out in force slinging sandbags

/ Bobcat flood #4  
Bobcat in West Fargo is in a pretty good location. Although it is next to the Sheyenne River, which will be hitting a second crest next week, that section of the river is protected by a rather remarkable diversion which diverts the main body of flood water down a massive ditch, which of late looks like the Mississippi. The Diversion also protects Bobcat from overland flooding, which occurs in the Lake Agassiz lakebed. (The overland flooding into the Red River is one of problems being sweated by Fargo.) We live adjacent to the Diversion about 3 miles from Bobcat. Its a bit like living in Holland, with the water level in the diversion higher than our property. (On the other hand, we live on the side not protected by the diversion from overland flooding, so maybe its more like living in New Orleans.) Anyway, so far so good. We did not go under during the crest, and hopefully will not during the second crest. I expect Bobcat should be ok as well.