Purchasing 5610 soon ???

/ Purchasing 5610 soon ??? #1  

jmjernst

I am planning on purchasing a loaded 5610 Toolcat in the near future and would appreciate some input from the forum

I have a 36 acre equestrian farm with access to 100 additional acres that I will hay in the future with a large Kubota tractor.

I would like to use the Toolcat as a swiss army Knife ( at lot of tools that work well but not as well as a dedicated machine)

My primary uses intended:

1 mowing 3 acres of undulating grass around the barn

2 mowing about 2-3 acres of fescue horse pasture as necessary

3. getting around the 400 acre property and towing my 2000# empty dump trailer with the occasional load

4. flail mowing of about 5 acres of cleared land for future buildling site

5 tilling of 2 acre orchard

5 spraying and seeding from PTO

6 auger work

7 occasional bucket and 66" grapple work ( will rent a skid steer for major projects)

8 box blading from pto of 1 mile of crush and run drives

The toolcat is pricey but I would need to purchase a z turn mover, gator runabout, and skid steer to meet my needs as an alternative

appreciate your input
P.S. does anyone have a list price table for the toolcat and attachments and what would be a reasonable discount?? Located in north carolina

thanks John

/ Purchasing 5610 soon ??? #3  
A few of us on TBN have the 5610. I love using it. I have the larger tires, cab a/c, radio, 3 pt, pto, 3 rear hydraulics (I split one into two), road pkg, engine heater, hi flow, power bobtach, larger battery, cab step.

I bought one of these to use a dump box. I bought mine from TSC but Northern Hydraulics also carry them.
Carry-On Trailer Carry Hauler I put wheels under mine and modified it to fit a Cat 1 quick hitch. Do a search on TBN if you want to see what I did.

The TC can do all the tasks you mention.

/ Purchasing 5610 soon ???
Thanks for the references, they are very helpful. John

/ Purchasing 5610 soon ??? #5  
I think a set of forks would be handy too.
It should do well mowing. It is heavy so I would think about that before considering mowing a lawn with it.
I have used mine with a brillion seeder and it works well. My only concern here is compaction. I have a several acres seeded now and we'll see how germination goes.
It might be a little wierd augering holes because the boom travels in such an arc. But maybe in the mid travel area it wont be too bad, it's mostly at the lower 1/4. I am sure it will do it though, just back away from the hole as you get deeper.
I have a 4 in 1 bucket which allows me to dump into my F450 dump truck, with out it, it really cant pile material high enough to fully load the truck with material (mostly mulch for us).
It is very easy to get in and out of. Much handier than a tractor.
The best part for me is the bobcat dealer here rents skidsteer attachments, so I dont have to buy things like a tiller, harley rake, post hole auger, etc.
We plowed snow with it too. I put an 8 foot push box on it, and it was great.