Tractor
    Bobcat 5600D '07

Default Which Grapple type is best?

I need to pick up and pile logging slash and smaller downed trees with my Toolcat. Which type of Grapple rake is best? It appears Bobcat does not recommend any of their grapples for the toolcat. Does anyone recommend any of the third party products and/or manufacturers?

J_J
    Tractor
    Power-Trac 1445, KUBOTA B-9200HST

Default Re: Which Grapple type is best?

There are grapples made just for what you want. But are you sure you don't want a bucket grapple, or root-rake/grapple. Do you want to squeeze the material against the back, or just enough to grip?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Which Grapple type is best?-44utility-20series-20split-20top-20.jpg   Which Grapple type is best?-81ec_1.jpg   Which Grapple type is best?-401.jpg   Which Grapple type is best?-bc-7000precision.jpg  
    J.J.

When I works, I works hard. When I sits and thinks, I goes to sleep.

Git er done.

J_J
    Tractor
    Power-Trac 1445, KUBOTA B-9200HST

Here are some more grapples.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Which Grapple type is best?-9211_1.jpg   Which Grapple type is best?-bc-8000.jpg   Which Grapple type is best?-brush-root-grapple.jpg   Which Grapple type is best?-copy-0.jpg  
    J.J.

When I works, I works hard. When I sits and thinks, I goes to sleep.

Git er done.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    JD 4520, Toolcat 5610, Bobcat S300, Case-IH 125 Pro, Case-IH 245, IH 1086, IH 806

JJ's examples are good examples of types used for brush, wood etc. I pick up lots of cedar and locust trees in pastures after I shear them off. I use a JD utility grapple. Very similar it Bobcat's utility grapple. I like the open teeth of a utility grapple because it allows the trees/branches to fall out easy. The designs with the bar near the front between the teeth would drive me crazy with branches getting stuck on the grapple. I also need to be able to "spear" the cedar trees to pick up 2-3 at a time. If you plan an digging roots, rocks and trees out of the ground, then the styles JJ shows would be more durable.