Hydraulic upper link with two control locations?

/ Hydraulic upper link with two control locations? #1  

Rolando

Platinum Member
Tractor
Bobcat Toolcat High Flow Turbo C-series
How feasible would it be to install a hydraulic upper link on the 3-pt hitch and have a control for it both in the cab and also at the hitch outside? I'm thinking that it's awfully convenient to be able the adjust the length with the hydraulics while you're attaching an implement. With a tractor, you can reach up into the cab with the rear window open, but with the suicide doors and the bigger distance on the Toolcat that wouldn't work too well. Would it be very expensive?

/ Hydraulic upper link with two control locations? #2  
I almost did that with my TC 5610. I had the dealer install an electronic selenoid diverter on the rear to replace one of the single outlets and make a total of 3 hydraualic outlets. I was going to install another switch on the back. He said he could do it but I later changed my mind and left it switched inside. I also changed one of the momentary switches inside to a continious switch. This way I could run one set rear outlets and leave it on constant flow. I use this for my hydraulic tamper. (Front hydraulics have too much flow). I have found it is not much trouble to just reach in through the door opening (with the armrest down) and just push the switch slightly to change the hydraulic 3rd link.. I also use a quick hitch and most of the time and don't need to get out and make any 3rd link adjustments other than locking the levers on the quick hitch. IMHO, you will probably like a quick hitch better than a switch on the back for the hydraulic top link.

If you have a desire for 3 rear outlets with a switched selenoid, I have a wiring diagram.

/ Hydraulic upper link with two control locations? #3  
How feasible would it be to install a hydraulic upper link on the 3-pt hitch and have a control for it both in the cab and also at the hitch outside? I'm thinking that it's awfully convenient to be able the adjust the length with the hydraulics while you're attaching an implement. With a tractor, you can reach up into the cab with the rear window open, but with the suicide doors and the bigger distance on the Toolcat that wouldn't work too well. Would it be very expensive?

You could devise some kind of cable remote control using a pair of opposed bicycle brake cables and a lever.

/ Hydraulic upper link with two control locations? #4  
You could devise some kind of cable remote control using a pair of opposed bicycle brake cables and a lever.

That won't work on the TC. The controls are electrical/selenoids and not mechanical. No levers or cables. It should be possible to wire a switch from the back to the switch in the cab and make both operate independantly.

/ Hydraulic upper link with two control locations? #5  

That won't work on the TC. The controls are electrical/selenoids and not mechanical. No levers or cables. It should be possible to wire a switch from the back to the switch in the cab and make both operate independantly. Or wire a switch directly to the selenoid on the rear hydraulic control valve. A rocker switch from auto parts store would work well. My larger ag tractor has rear fender mounted switches for the pto, lift arms and hydraulic 3rd link.

/ Hydraulic upper link with two control locations?
Here's an update on this subject. The service tech was able to mount a rocker switch on the back that works in parallel with the switch inside so I can make the fine adjustments to connect the top link. It's working fine. Of course, he also installed the cylinder backward and there were all sorts of contact conflicts when fully retracted, but that was easy enough for us to reverse, since all the mounts are pins.

/ Hydraulic upper link with two control locations? #7  
Here's an update on this subject. The service tech was able to mount a rocker switch on the back that works in parallel with the switch inside so I can make the fine adjustments to connect the top link. It's working fine. Of course, he also installed the cylinder backward and there were all sorts of contact conflicts when fully retracted, but that was easy enough for us to reverse, since all the mounts are pins.

Way to go. I still walk to the cab, make adjustments and walk back.