7-pin and 14-pin connector conflict

/ 7-pin and 14-pin connector conflict #1  

Rolando

Platinum Member
Tractor
Bobcat Toolcat High Flow Turbo C-series
The attachment control kit that comes with the 5610 is a 7-pin connector but the soil conditioner that I have has a 14-pin connector. Is there a way around this?

/ 7-pin and 14-pin connector conflict #2  
Contact the manufacturer of the soil conditioner and request the proper harness to connect to your Toolcat. Have the TC model and serial number at hand. If they are on the ball, they will be able to help. Otherwise, use a wiring diagram for the 7 pin connector and see if the conditioner can be wired to work with those conductors and controls.

/ 7-pin and 14-pin connector conflict
They're both Bobcat, but I'm concerned that there may be some issues with computer control, that it's not just a matter of adapting the plug.

/ 7-pin and 14-pin connector conflict #4  
They're both Bobcat, but I'm concerned that there may be some issues with computer control, that it's not just a matter of adapting the plug.

Well if they are both Bobcat, why not contact them? Certainly they should know how to make their attachments compatible with their own machines. I'm not understanding why it would not be intuitive to do that immediately.

Of course I'll be asking the Bobcat dealer. But I've been given bad information by an uninformed sales person many times. The idea of this forum is that it gives you an opportunity to get independent confirmation from people that have real world experience.

/ 7-pin and 14-pin connector conflict #6  
If my memory serves me correctly, I believe bobcat has a 7 to 14 pin adapter.

/ 7-pin and 14-pin connector conflict #7  
Of course I'll be asking the Bobcat dealer. But I've been given bad information by an uninformed sales person many times. The idea of this forum is that it gives you an opportunity to get independent confirmation from people that have real world experience.

After a machine is purchased, there is no reason to revisit the sales dept until you need another machine. You need to contact your service department. They are there for this type of thing.

/ 7-pin and 14-pin connector conflict #8  
This topic has been discussed before so the Search function may be your friend. In any event, Bobcat initially had no bridging solution between the 7 and 14 pin harnesses. I don't know that they do now. Everything I've learned is that it is not a simple process as the 7-pin connector is actually part of a data bus rather than a simple single or double function per pin setup (i.e. 14-pin). However, my BC mechanic says they can be adapted.

I'd take a DC voltmeter and check the correlation (if any) between attachment control position switches in the cab and voltages on the pins. BTW, IIRC both power and ground pins exist within the 7-pin setup. The intent here is not necessarily to come up with a solution but rather to get familiar with the 7-pin setup so you can tell whether or not the people you talk with know what they're talking about. I've heard a fair amount of conflicting info about the 7-pin/14-pin compatibility and I'm not sure who to believe.

/ 7-pin and 14-pin connector conflict #9  
I bought the kit that has the 14 pin connector and a magnetic mount switch box that goes in the cab. It has it's own fused power supply. The two are not compatible. The 7 pin is some sort of computer controlled setup.

3Bladz, where the did you buy the 14-pin kit? About how much did it cost?