over charged for toolcat service ???

/ over charged for toolcat service ??? #1  

JWB53

Bronze Member
Tractor
07 toolcat
my story; tc is 75 miles from dealer, bolt holding bobtach to mowing deck broke or came out, deck dropped to ground-no deck damage. dealer sent man out said under warranty no problem, repair guy goes back and orders parts, sinice he's coming back anyway i ask dealer to have him replace to hose wraps, see if blades need sharpening-don't think they did, look at bucket to see if teeth could be switched- which they could not, and check air condition filter; when charged $1,266.26 i asked dealer to explain, they said $660.00 travel- 2 trips and 5.5 hours at $82.50 per hour to replace hose wrap and ac filter and only look at bucket and mower blades, and paper work. remember the trips were caused by in warranty problem with mowing deck. am i being took or is this reasonable and comparable to other experiences that you guys have heard of. thanks for listening!

/ over charged for toolcat service ??? #2  
Did you mention to them why he was even there? Sure does not seem fair.

/ over charged for toolcat service ??? #3  
my story; tc is 75 miles from dealer, bolt holding bobtach to mowing deck broke or came out, deck dropped to ground-no deck damage. dealer sent man out said under warranty no problem, repair guy goes back and orders parts, sinice he's coming back anyway i ask dealer to have him replace to hose wraps, see if blades need sharpening-don't think they did, look at bucket to see if teeth could be switched- which they could not, and check air condition filter; when charged $1,266.26 i asked dealer to explain, they said $660.00 travel- 2 trips and 5.5 hours at $82.50 per hour to replace hose wrap and ac filter and only look at bucket and mower blades, and paper work. remember the trips were caused by in warranty problem with mowing deck. am i being took or is this reasonable and comparable to other experiences that you guys have heard of. thanks for listening!

That dealer isn't called

K-Y Tool Cat and Gel ....is it !

/ over charged for toolcat service ??? #4  
Seems like a classic example of not having good communication. If they said they were not charging for trip, then did you get the name of that person? Second, you started adding other things for the repair guy to check which are not warranty items. Where does the line between covered warranty issue and repairs begin. Was one trip under warranty and the other on your repair bill? Regardless, I don't see how there was 5.5 hours of repairs. What does the bill specify for the repairs?

/ over charged for toolcat service ???
to start we did not discuss trip charge, bobcat just said would be warranty repair for mowing deck, the extra 5.5 hours they listed paper work, getting parts for hose repair, moved depth arm on tiller-which i have done in less than 10 minutes, looked at bucket and said can't swap teeth, changed ac filter, looked at blades, did not mention sharpening blades

/ over charged for toolcat service ??? #6  
Give them a call and talk to them, if they are reasonable, they will work it out with you.

DEWFPO

/ over charged for toolcat service ???
i've called once and was told (it seems fair to me ) and we checked completed work. (with a warranty repair, my living 75 miles away, would bobcat normally charge for those 2 trips (660.00)

/ over charged for toolcat service ??? #8  
My guess is these are Bobcat standard book rates for this work. I would agree it seems a lack of good communication which often happens when you think you know the person you are working with but sadly don't.

/ over charged for toolcat service ??? #9  
This is a lesson to all of us.

The dealer does not particularly like doing warranty work since he isn't compensated very well by the factory. So, if he has a chance to bill you for anything rather than absorbing it under warranty he will do that.

Now I think the trip charge is outrageous, my dealer will tow my tractor back to his shop for ~100 and fix it there, or have his mechanic make a field call for $1 per mile.

OTOH, getting the tractor back to the shop for warranty work was explained as my responsibility when I bought the tractor.

/ over charged for toolcat service ??? #10  

Guess the "good deal" others get from dealers far away, can come back to bite a person. Now then ask yourself how much it would have cost you to transport the equipment yourself? Ask yourself how much you would need to invest in tools and specialty equipment to be able to repair ANY problem. Also ask yourself how much your time is worth.