Toolcat for Pushing Snow

/ Toolcat for Pushing Snow #11  
I get lots of snow every year.

I have a 7.5' BOSS snow plow and I use the stock tires with no chains.

It can be challenging due to all the hills if conditions are also icy.

I have been stuck a few times... The neighbor with the big 200+ hp 4x4 tractor pulls me right out if I do not give the hills enough respect.

Yooper Dave

Ha ha! It's good to have friends with heavy equipment. My neighbor with his old JD 310A hoe pulled me out of the goo 3 times last winter. Once last year I dropped the right-side tires into a ditch that was fed by a warm spring. Talk about a mess! (We live in a very geothermally active area.)

/ Toolcat for Pushing Snow #12  
It is 98 here and i am thinking Snow..Spudgunner, Radman .. Thanks for your help. Most of my drive is flat. About 3/4 mile to the road. I do have a steep drive at the house. Maybe 12percent down hill. I was plowing with a RTV and did well. The RTV had turf tires. I had a case Skid Loader and it would slide all over. I sure don't want to spend the money if not needed. But I do like to be ready.

/ Toolcat for Pushing Snow #13  
I have a 5' former truck-mounted plow on mine; it's been converted to a quick-attach plate. Works slick.

I only get stuck when I get too close to the edge of the road and get sucked into the ditch - then I usually have to shovel my way out.

I've got a 6' plow that I need to install next, one with a hydraulic left-to-right adjustment cylinder (the old one has to be adjusted manually from side to side). Just need to find the time to get it hooked up.

I'm leery of adding chains. I look at all those hydraulic lines near the front tires, and I can just see a chain coming loose and ripping those lines apart. Call me paranoid.

/ Toolcat for Pushing Snow
Thanks everyone for your responses. I'll let you know how it turns out