Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat Toolcat High Flow Turbo C-series

Default 5610 with Pat's Easy Change?

Does anybody have the Pat's easy change on the 3-PT hitch for the 5610? I prefer this quick change over others because the top link is independent so no conflict if the height of the top link varies in the attachments. But since the 3-pt hitch on the 5610 isn't as strong as a regular tractor's, I wonder whether the extra 4 inches the Pat's will add to the lower link arms will reduce the lifting capability too much.
    "The Earth is just too small and fragile a basket for the human race to keep all its eggs in." - Robert A. Heinlein

Elite Member
    Tractor
    JD 4520, Toolcat 5610, Bobcat S300, Case-IH 125 Pro, Case-IH 245, IH 1086, IH 806

Default Re: 5610 with Pat's Easy Change?

I use a Spee Co quick hitch on all my attachments. The quick hitch sits about 4" behind the lift point. I don't think the additional 4 inches will be noticeble on the lift unless your 3 pt attachment is very heavy. It would take a very heavy 3pt attachment to be too much for the TC. My heaviest attachment is my 6' seeder which probably weighs 1400 lbs with seed. The TC did fine. My 6' rotary mower weighs about 800 lbs and that weight is far back. The TC did fine. The TC is rated for 1775 lbs (with bucket) at 24" behind the lift point. I suspect the lift rating on the TC is probably underrated like the the loader. Unlike a tractor, Bobcat is still concerned about tipping loads. The loader is rated for 1500 lbs but it is well known it can lift 2000 lbs. My shop manual lists the 3 pt capacity without the bucket (257 lbs) at 1450 lbs.
    When I saw the original 5610 prototype, the 3 pt was rated at 1200 lbs. I told them that was way too little and probably couldn't lift some of my attachments. I recommended 2000 lbs of lift.

I have the Pat's easy change system on my 5610.
    It works great as it did on my Kubota CUT.
    Highly recommended.
    Mike

Tractor
    a real 4320JD and a 3720JD 5610 Toolcat "Luigi"

I have a custom made qh too. It adds about an extra 4 or 5 inches . I have a tool that is pretty heavy and the weight is an additional ~5 feet back and have no problem.