mowing with the toolcat

/ mowing with the toolcat #1  

Wjsabo1

I've been mowing with the 72 inch deck using the work mode. The W light on the instrument panel does not come on we-hen I push the W button. Is this a big problem and do I even need the work mode on. I don't get an error code, so is it possible the light is burned out. Thanks for any help.

/ mowing with the toolcat #2  
No, you don't need the work mode engaged to mow. The work mode simply lets the operator have more control for finesse work or when less initial response is desired when operating the foot control. Useful if you want to make slow movements with the machine as the pedal is initially depressed. On my D series, the work mode results in a more abrupt stop if I let off the foot pedal rapidly. The standard mode gives just little roll out when I release the foot pedal and a slower stop. I prefer the latter when mowing.

The top speed of the TC in the work mode or normal mode will be the same when the foot pedal is fully depressed -9 mph on the D series in nonrabbit setting. Just the initial response is different with each mode.

/ mowing with the toolcat
Thanks radman1, I was worried I would do damage. Could the bulb be burned out or is there a problem with the WORK mode itself? Should I get an error code if there is a problem with the WORK mode itself? Thanks again.

/ mowing with the toolcat #4  
Thanks radman1, I was worried I would do damage. Could the bulb be burned out or is there a problem with the WORK mode itself? Should I get an error code if there is a problem with the WORK mode itself? Thanks again.

The foot pedal should behave differently in the normal vs work modes. If it behaves the same with work on vs off, then I would say your work mode is not working. Also in work mode, my TC will come to a very abrupt stop if I go from higher speed and then complete release of the pedal.

THANKS FOR THE HELP, i'LL GIVE THAT A TRY TO SEE IF THE WORK MODE IS WORKING.

radman1, Thanks for the tip. I tried your suggestion with the accelerator and as it turns out the work mode is broken. I believe as you said, that I really don't need it for what I do so I'll forget about it. Thanks Again!