SB200 Snowblower Blower Motor Pkg. clarification

/ SB200 Snowblower Blower Motor Pkg. clarification #1  

DEWFPO

Veteran Member
Tractor
2009 Bobcat Toolcat 5600 D
Can someone confirm or deny the following info please :

8.0 Hydro Motor Pkg = High speed, Low Torque Fan, 2 hydro hoses connected to Toolcat, best to run in LO FLOW rather than HI FLOW because hydro fluid can get pretty hot (even though the Toolcat automatically turns on Hi Flow when the electrical on the SB200 is connected.)

9.6 Hydro Motor Pkg = Low speed, High Torque Fan, 3 hydro hoses connected to Toolcat, can be run in HI FLOW mode with no worries.

Thanks, DEWFPO

/ SB200 Snowblower Blower Motor Pkg. clarification #2  
Page SPEC-3 of the SB2xx Operation & Maint. manual shows five fan motor packages for the SB200 and SB240; however, your statement jives with what I've picked-up over the years. My guess is the 8.0/9.6 thing is referring to the in^3 displacement of the motor...but I honestly don't know for sure. The fan motors are all 105-xxxx Eaton motors.

My sales dude said that he ordered the fan motor package most suitable to heavy, wet snow and I think that was the 9.6 (Can't find my original order info right now.) My SB200 has the three lines and I run it on high-flow all the time. (And yes, the hyd lines get pretty warm.)

Some study of the Char-Lynn website (Series 2000 motors) might be of use to you....I've just tried to piece-together info over time.

Last edited:
   / SB200 Snowblower Blower Motor Pkg. clarification
Thanks Spudgunner, I was also able to get clarification from the Bobcat District Service Manager.

His response is as follows :

"Both the 8.0 and 9.6 snowblower packages should be run on high flow with a Toolcat. Running either one on standard flow will not cause any problems with the attachment or the machine but the performance of the snowblower will be poor. The hydraulic oil on the machine will get hot running any hydraulic attachment. With the 8.0 motor package you don稚 need to do anything different other than adjusting your travel speed for the snow conditions slightly different than with the other motor package.

The 8.0 package does not have a case drain line going to the machine (3rd hose), it is not needed since this setup is not capable of handling as much flow as the 9.6 package (capable of more than what the toolcat has). The case drain of the motor is routed back through the attachment plumbing on the 8.0 package.

The difference between the two packages is the displacement. The 8.0 has less displacement so when it sees the same gpm pump flow it will turn faster.
"

DEWFPO