4 Wheel steering issues

/ 4 Wheel steering issues #1  

nickschlemer

Hello,
I joined a few weeks ago when i got my toolcat. This is my first of many questions to come.

This past weekend was the first weekend i used the 4 wheel steering on my tc. I noticed that after i use it my wheels do not line back up. I can have my front wheels straight but my rears will be out of wack. Anyone have this problem or is this suppose to be like this or what? I also notice these tc are hard to get into tight spots especially if your 4 wheel steering aint working.:)
Also any tips or suggestions of what i should do to maintain or service this would be much appreciated. everything looks to be in good shape no leaks does have some heavy rusting under the floormats leading out the door.

Its a 2005 5600
1100 hrs
Kubota (non turbo)

And is there any common problems that are associated with these machines.

Thanks
Nick

/ 4 Wheel steering issues #2  
You switch back to 2WS when BOTH lights are lit on the console indicating both the front and the rear wheels are pointing straight front to back.

If you truly have them out of whack, then get back in 4WS mode and turn the wheels until the rear are lined up straight (regardless of what the fronts are doing), then switch back to 2WS steer mode (ignoring the console lights, and then turn your steering wheel until the front wheels line up straight front to back with the rear tires. Now both your console lights should be on indicating your are in alignment, straight, front to rear. Switch back to 4WS, drive straight a couple of feet without turning the wheel, the lights should still be on, now switch back to 2WS. You should be good to go.

DEWFPO

/ 4 Wheel steering issues #3  
Hello,
I joined a few weeks ago when i got my toolcat. This is my first of many questions to come.

This past weekend was the first weekend i used the 4 wheel steering on my tc. I noticed that after i use it my wheels do not line back up. I can have my front wheels straight but my rears will be out of wack. Anyone have this problem or is this suppose to be like this or what? I also notice these tc are hard to get into tight spots especially if your 4 wheel steering aint working.:)
Also any tips or suggestions of what i should do to maintain or service this would be much appreciated. everything looks to be in good shape no leaks does have some heavy rusting under the floormats leading out the door.

Its a 2005 5600
1100 hrs
Kubota (non turbo)

And is there any common problems that are associated with these machines.

Thanks
Nick

my d had the same problem. my local dealer figured out the problem - something to do with master cylinder leaking. anyway they figured out a solution that worked.

/ 4 Wheel steering issues
You switch back to 2WS when BOTH lights are lit on the console indicating both the front and the rear wheels are pointing straight front to back.

If you truly have them out of whack, then get back in 4WS mode and turn the wheels until the rear are lined up straight (regardless of what the fronts are doing), then switch back to 2WS steer mode (ignoring the console lights, and then turn your steering wheel until the front wheels line up straight front to back with the rear tires. Now both your console lights should be on indicating your are in alignment, straight, front to rear. Switch back to 4WS, drive straight a couple of feet without turning the wheel, the lights should still be on, now switch back to 2WS. You should be good to go.

DEWFPO

I know how to get it back into alignment. Its just when im using the 4 wheel steering i can turn all the way left the all the way right and my rear tires will not be all the way right if that makes sense.

/ 4 Wheel steering issues #5  
I know how to get it back into alignment. Its just when im using the 4 wheel steering i can turn all the way left the all the way right and my rear tires will not be all the way right if that makes sense.

All I can say is mine "appear" to move in sync with the front tires and at the same angles when in 4WS. I say "appear" because I am looking out the window or thru the mirrors at them when I say this.

DEWFPO

/ 4 Wheel steering issues #6  

mine would come out of sync very easily. they figured it must be a bleed in i think the master cylinder for the steering - replaced it and solved the problem. i used to have to realign the tires every 10-30 minutes now 1x per week.

ts

/ 4 Wheel steering issues #7  
If I use mine for several hours with lots of turning, the wheels will be slightly out of align. It actually amazes me how little it gets out of alignment. If yours is out of alignment quickly, then there is a hydraulic flow problem.

It only goes out of align when i use the 4 wheel steering. I was under the impression when i use the 4 wheel steering if i turn left my tires turn left then if i turn completely right my tires will turn completely from the left to right. It doesnt do this if im all the way to the right and turn all the way to the left my rear tires will be somewhere in between not all the way turned like the front wheels. It only does this in 4 wheel steering. Im aware of how you have to align them when your done using the 4 wheel steering, to lock them back straight for 2 wheel steering. I dont know any better way to explain it.

Anyone else have anything to say. This hasnt really got me anywhere?
Thanks

/ 4 Wheel steering issues #10  
Anyone else have anything to say. This hasnt really got me anywhere?
Thanks

talk to your dealer - mine had the same problem. i believe they switched out the master cylinder for steering hydraulic and fixed the problem.

ts