Let it snow

/ Let it snow #1  

jpalasek

Tractor
Kubota ZD331 Toolcat 5600
Just bought a 84 in snow blade. Dealer delivered it yesterday. We only get snow about 6 times a year. The Bobcat dealer had the blade for 2 years because we have had little or no snow here the last 2 years. Got a great deal.. $2,000.00 .
I have some hills where i will be plowing and think I might need some weight in the back. What is best to use for weight. Sand Bags?

/ Let it snow #2  
"Let it snow" ...easy there,just might get couple northeasters. ;)

Weight..try metal drum full of cement..rod thru cement near bottom for 3pth connection,top place piece metal in cement connect top hitch.

Try search,think someone while back posted pictures.

/ Let it snow #3  
I'm using sandbags. 10-50lb bags to start. If I need more their easy enough to add or take off. Unless you get very heavy (wet) snow and deep dumps you probably won't need any ballast. I live in very steep terrain and only need it when I have the 843 lb. blower on the front and an blowing steep drives.

DEWFPO

/ Let it snow #4  
SNOW! That is one of those 4 letter words my dad told me not to use.

/ Let it snow #5  
I use 9, 70# landscape blocks in the TC bed for ballast.

The TC bed has some prepunched square holes that you can use stove bolts with in order to make a quick bedliner out of four 2x4's. For the floor of the bed I used a rubberized "stall pad" that can be had from about any ranch/home/feed store. The bed will then accept the keystone landscaping blocks in a tightly-packed pattern leaving you about 14"+ at the very end of the bed for tire chains, hi-lift jack and/or toaster oven. Actually I then covered the whole thing with some OSB just to keep the bed from filling with snow. I also used a small rectange of OSB to protect the inside of the front of the box.

I like weight and I like chains..all the time...except for "the other nine months"..although they can occasionally come in handy then as well.

/ Let it snow
Thanks for all your help. Sorry for using the 4 letter word. I would be happy if it sits all winter. Looks like Spudgunner might get snow today..

/ Let it snow #7  
I just want it to snow, I know i said it, so I can try out my new 169D yanmar in it and plow the driveway and the road too.:D I plan to use my rear blade. I cant wait!

/ Let it snow #8  
Thanks for all your help. Sorry for using the 4 letter word. I would be happy if it sits all winter. Looks like Spudgunner might get snow today..

Nope, thank goodness... but I could see the enemy decending the slopes above us. I got the TC back from BC today. Got charged about $275 for a hyd fluid change (with both filters). I didn't think that was too bad; however, one of the filters (presumably the tall one) cost like $47. Ouch.

Now to reload the ballast...