Tractor
    Kubota ZD331 Toolcat 5600

Default Let it snow

Just bought a 84 in snow blade. Dealer delivered it yesterday. We only get snow about 6 times a year. The Bobcat dealer had the blade for 2 years because we have had little or no snow here the last 2 years. Got a great deal.. $2,000.00 .
    I have some hills where i will be plowing and think I might need some weight in the back. What is best to use for weight. Sand Bags?

Tractor
    Kubota L2800HST w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046

Default Re: Let it snow

"Let it snow" ...easy there,just might get couple northeasters.

Weight..try metal drum full of cement..rod thru cement near bottom for 3pth connection,top place piece metal in cement connect top hitch.

Try search,think someone while back posted pictures.

I'm using sandbags. 10-50lb bags to start. If I need more their easy enough to add or take off. Unless you get very heavy (wet) snow and deep dumps you probably won't need any ballast. I live in very steep terrain and only need it when I have the 843 lb. blower on the front and an blowing steep drives.

DEWFPO
    2009 Toolcat 5600 "D-Series", Hi-Flow, 29's, 72" SB-200, 84" Snowblade, 62" Lo-Pro Bucket

SOLD - 2006 MF GC2300, 2350 FEL, 2315 MMM, 2360 SB, KingKutter CarryAll

Elite Member
    Tractor
    JD 4520, Toolcat 5610, Bobcat S300, Case-IH 125 Pro, Case-IH 245, IH 1086, IH 806

SNOW! That is one of those 4 letter words my dad told me not to use.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    BX-23

I use 9, 70# landscape blocks in the TC bed for ballast.

The TC bed has some prepunched square holes that you can use stove bolts with in order to make a quick bedliner out of four 2x4's. For the floor of the bed I used a rubberized "stall pad" that can be had from about any ranch/home/feed store. The bed will then accept the keystone landscaping blocks in a tightly-packed pattern leaving you about 14"+ at the very end of the bed for tire chains, hi-lift jack and/or toaster oven. Actually I then covered the whole thing with some OSB just to keep the bed from filling with snow. I also used a small rectange of OSB to protect the inside of the front of the box.

I like weight and I like chains..all the time...except for "the other nine months"..although they can occasionally come in handy then as well.

Tractor
    Kubota ZD331 Toolcat 5600

Thanks for all your help. Sorry for using the 4 letter word. I would be happy if it sits all winter. Looks like Spudgunner might get snow today..

Padawan Tractor Learner
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Deere 317 & L118

I just want it to snow, I know i said it, so I can try out my new 169D yanmar in it and plow the driveway and the road too. I plan to use my rear blade. I cant wait!
    My Fleet:
    2004 Deere 317 Skid Steer Loader
    66" Construction bucket, imatch QA adapter, CU72 Jake Rake, Middle Buster, 60" Landscape rake, 54"x 48" Pallet forks
    2005 John Deere L118
    42" deck

Check out my rakes: www.Jakesimplements.com

Member of the TBN "Young gun" Club

Gold Member
    Tractor
    BX-23

Quote Originally Posted by jpalasek View Post
    Thanks for all your help. Sorry for using the 4 letter word. I would be happy if it sits all winter. Looks like Spudgunner might get snow today..
    Nope, thank goodness... but I could see the enemy decending the slopes above us. I got the TC back from BC today. Got charged about $275 for a hyd fluid change (with both filters). I didn't think that was too bad; however, one of the filters (presumably the tall one) cost like $47. Ouch.

Now to reload the ballast...