Hydraulic oil for Toolcat

/ Hydraulic oil for Toolcat #1  

Tigger

Tractor
5600T
This is a question to Radman. Do you use the hydraulic oil from the dealership or do you use an equally good oil from a bulk distributor. I'm thinking of using Hyrdrol 50 from Imperial Oil (Esso) which is a good winter weight for us here in Alberta. There's also a Hydrol 56 that is part synthetic but likely more expensive. Its probably still cheaper than what we have to buy from the dealer.
Hope you get this and can answer right away seems the level is down in the sight glass. My v-plow might have taken a bit but it shouldn't be down that much.

/ Hydraulic oil for Toolcat #2  
I use bobcat oil. I also have a skidsteer and use the same oil. Others may work just fine. I ocassionally use my tractor with the skidsteer attachments. I do not worry about mixing the oils.

/ Hydraulic oil for Toolcat
Thanks for the info. Has anyone tried another oil rather than the dealer? Mine is 150 km away so not too convenient.
One other question. Is the hydraulic oil and the hydrostatic drive oil part of the same or are they separate systems. I know this sounds dumb but I've misplaced my service manual. gotta go diggin in the office again.

/ Hydraulic oil for Toolcat #4  
I have been thinking about changing mine but I would like to put synthetic in there so the hydraulics aren't so slow on those cold winter mornings. I would also be interested if anyone is using non bobcat oil.

Thanks