COOLING FAN MOTOR

/ COOLING FAN MOTOR #1  

rock3322

Bronze Member
Tractor
toolcat plus many
My cooling fan motor does not seem to want to run all the time and my unit becomes hot. Has anyone else had this problem and what is the fix?

/ COOLING FAN MOTOR #2  
My fan runs 100% of the time as long as the engine is running regardless of engine or outside temp. The speed seems to be controlled by engine coolant temp and hydraulic fluid temp. You'd need to check if you have good hydraulic pressure and flow to the fan motor first. If you have good pressure and flow, then I'd suspect the motor. The Bobcat factory rep told me that when the engine is started the pressure to the fan motor is high for a short period of time to get the fan moving then it settles down to a lower, constant flow until needed when the coolant and hydro fluid gets hot.

DEWFPO

Last edited:
   / COOLING FAN MOTOR #3  
My cooling fan motor does not seem to want to run all the time and my unit becomes hot. Has anyone else had this problem and what is the fix?

big diff between model c and d's. d's have a much larger fan and do not overheat. c's smaller but do overheat in summer if the cover is clogged with grass/etc. on the c and earlier models you need to keep radiator cover clean in warm temps. i had a c and 2 ds. both d's never overheat and fan turns on high depending on need/hydro temps but never runs on high continuously

ts