Tach problems on my Tool Cat

/ Tach problems on my Tool Cat #1  

Tigger

Tractor
5600T
I posted this before but no one had an answer at the time. My tachometer on my 2007 5600 Tool Cat is not reading. Its also the window that provides me with the hour meter, job hours and ground speed. Its just a little LCD but its part of the dash module with other control buttons on it. Everything else works except that little LCD readout. The dealer tells me I have to replace the whole dash module :confused:to the tune of about $1300 bucks. I only have about 350 hours on the machine so I don't think that it should have burnt out yet. I can still operate the machine but it'd would be nice to keep track of my hours for oil changes and such and to check my rev's. Any solution out there or should I write to Bob Cat?

/ Tach problems on my Tool Cat #2  
I would pull the dash panel and take it to someone who repairs electronics and see if they think it's just the LCD panel, if it is, they can replace the LCD panel for a whole lot less then $1300. LCD displays are dirt cheap at electronics suppliers.

DEWFPO

/ Tach problems on my Tool Cat #3  
Thought I'd "ping" this thread to see how this thing came to closure (if any).

/ Tach problems on my Tool Cat
I would pull the dash panel and take it to someone who repairs electronics and see if they think it's just the LCD panel, if it is, they can replace the LCD panel for a whole lot less then $1300. LCD displays are dirt cheap at electronics suppliers.

DEWFPO

Thanks DEW I'll try that it makes a lot of sense that its just the LCD because the other day i was warming it up and it started to work. Then just when I got a happy face on it quit again and hasn't come on since. I'll let you know what happens so we can share it around.
Regards,
Tigger.