EXTERNAL AIR PRE-CLEANER

/ EXTERNAL AIR PRE-CLEANER #1  

albert

Bronze Member
Tractor
Toolcat D
Anyone know where I could find some info on the toolcat external air pre-cleaner (how it works, installation, efficacy, cost, etc.). Have looked on the Bobcat web site but can't find it.

/ EXTERNAL AIR PRE-CLEANER #2  
I have one on my 5610. Don't remember the cost $150-200? They were common on ag tractors in the 50-60s. It is a simple design. Unscrew the wingnut on top, remove the top metal lid and plastic dish, dump out the dirt and replace. Takes 30-60 seconds. I would guess if removes 90% of the dirt before it gets to the air filter. Requires drilling a fairly large hole in the side for the metal intake pipe. Simple strap supports it on top and bottom. It does extend past the side of the cab a few inches.

ToolcatvsJD3720001.jpg

/ EXTERNAL AIR PRE-CLEANER #3  
Mine works tremendously well. The air filter still looks new. That pre-filter catches most everything first.... grit, bugs, snow, grass, etc... Very easy to clean. It's a $235 dollar option when ordering.

DEWFPO

ToolCat.jpg

/ EXTERNAL AIR PRE-CLEANER
Called my dealership. They quoted me a price of close to $500 for the pre-cleaner unit + an estimated 10 hrs. installation = over $700 (not including charges for getting the Toolcat to and from the dealership). Excessive? Any other (cheaper) options?

/ EXTERNAL AIR PRE-CLEANER #5  
10 hours install? That seems rediculous. $500 for the pre-cleaner? Call someone else and get another estimate.

/ EXTERNAL AIR PRE-CLEANER #7  
Called my dealership. They quoted me a price of close to $500 for the pre-cleaner unit + an estimated 10 hrs. installation = over $700 (not including charges for getting the Toolcat to and from the dealership). Excessive? Any other (cheaper) options?

I'll second the other comments. My dealer's mobile tech actually came out to my property and installed it, so I watched the whole process of installing it. I don't think it took more than an hour.