5600A Drive Moter Failure

/ 5600A Drive Moter Failure #1  

1965tontruck

Silver Member
My father-in-law bought a 2003 5600A with around 950 hours on it. It appeared to drive ok, the hours were low and it ran. He used it for about 25 hours and then problems started. Long story short, it was diagnosed with drive motor failure. Brass confirmed in hydraulic oil. The estimated repair cost is $8k. Before he purchased the machine I confirmed the serial number as an early 2003 model and likely not one containing the faulty drive motors. He called Bobcat and they said there was nothing they could do because he was not the original owner.

To all 5600A owners - be aware that your machine may contain faulty drive motors even though it is an early model. Drive motor failure is a very expensive repair.

/ 5600A Drive Moter Failure #2  
Ouch ! Sorry to hear that . When the tool cat first came out I thought it was a great idea, all the bobcats that I had used were tough as nails too. Seams like they have more than their fair share of troubles though. Glad I didn't end up with one after all, went with a Kubota RTV900, just use the tractor when 3pt or pto is needed.

/ 5600A Drive Moter Failure #3  
I can get new parts from Comer that Would fix both for $2000. call 717-263-0705 ask for Cory

/ 5600A Drive Moter Failure
Thanks for the offer. Unfortunately dealer already has machine. Estimated to run around $6k. Obviously that includes labor, but the parts estimate is a lot more than $2k.