Bigger rims or tires for the Toolcat 5600?

/ Bigger rims or tires for the Toolcat 5600? #1  

VAN1965

Tractor
Toolcat 5600
As anyone attempted to raise the ground clearance of the Toolcat 5600 by putting bigger rims or tires on the machine? Would this effect it stability?

/ Bigger rims or tires for the Toolcat 5600? #2  
I ordered mine with the optional 29" tires versus the stock 27" hoves.

DEWFPO

/ Bigger rims or tires for the Toolcat 5600?
How much do the 29" tires help in the mud compared to the standard 27" tires? Are they 10.5, can you use 12's with the standard rims or would you need the turf tire rims?

/ Bigger rims or tires for the Toolcat 5600? #4  
I can't compare the traction of the 27" tires to the 29" since I've always had the 29's. They are 29"x10.5x15's and do fairly well on icey and snowed steep (12% grade) driveways. In the winter, sometimes I'll throw 400-800 lbs of bagged sand in the back and that does seem to help. I've got a set of chains for all 4 tires but have never had to use them.

DEWFPO

/ Bigger rims or tires for the Toolcat 5600? #5  
One more thing, I'm sure you already know this but it's worth repeating for the benefit of others who may not.

In 4 wheel steer, only one wheel per axle is driven.

In 2 wheel steer, both wheels per axle are driven.

I've noticed the increased traction when plowing or blowing snow on our steep, iced over driveway. If I start to spin, I switch to 2WS and then I have gain traction.

DEWFPO

/ Bigger rims or tires for the Toolcat 5600? #6  
You can't go much taller. Otherwise, the overall height for attaching equipment to the front is more difficult.

/ Bigger rims or tires for the Toolcat 5600?
My D series Toolcat, is very good on snow, but not worth beans in even shallow mud - it losses traction easily and slides sideways, it's so heavy and the clearance is crap. Even my 3/4 ton Avelanche is better in the mud and it is a pig, really disappointed with Toolcat in mud, if anyone has a solution please let me know. Maybe, I am not running the machine correctly or there is a setting I am unaware of, but it is worthless on wet ground ruts up everything and gets stuck easily! I live in New York state, it rains a lot making use of the Toolcat limited.

/ Bigger rims or tires for the Toolcat 5600? #8  
Traction is not good in two wheel steer, four wheel steer or at rest. It's a design decision which the factory has confirmed to me.

See: Toolcat Gets Stuck Again - YouTube

If you want to confirm this yourself, with a D series, then do the following:

Place the machine in front of a fixed object, like a bollard. Jack up the machine on one side so that the front and back tires are off the ground. Attempt to drive the machine forward- it won't move. The tires off the ground will spin and those on the ground don't move at all.

To those who think it needs to be in work mode, or the differential needs to be locked (impossible on a D), please don't bother replying.

/ Bigger rims or tires for the Toolcat 5600? #9  
I am in the process right now in rasing the rear 1 to 2 inches, I have larger tires i want the clearance. I made new rear shackles, thicker steel than bobcat's. i might put 16" rims on at a latter date so i can gowith load range e truck tires..

/ Bigger rims or tires for the Toolcat 5600? #10  
I am in the process right now in raising the rear 1 to 2 inches, I have larger tires i want the clearance. I made new rear shackles, thicker steel than bobcat's. i might put 16" rims on at a latter date so i can go with load range e truck tires..

Can you give us an update?