swash plate error on 2010 toolcat 5600

/ swash plate error on 2010 toolcat 5600 #1  

swein

Tractor
toolcat 5600
I have been getting a 50-20 error (swash plate) and the drive motors on the toolcat cease to function. No forward or backward but all other hydraulics work. If I turn of the engine and restart the error code goes off and the machine functions normally until it occurs again, most often at full throttle. Any ideas about this sporadic malfunction?

/ swash plate error on 2010 toolcat 5600 #2  
There is a sensor in swashplate of the hydrostatic drive pumps to keep front & rear motors at same speed. When the controller looses sensor signal, or it gets to far out of range it stops the hydrostatic pump output - no drive.
Good news is: It is not a major failure of the system, and sensor is repalced without tearing the pump apart.
Bad news is: Access to the sensor may be time consuming.

Call your dealer and tell him the code you are getting.

/ swash plate error on 2010 toolcat 5600
Thanks, for the prompt reply. I have discussed the problem with dealer's repair department and got nothing other then bring it in and we'll put the computer to work to determine problem. A great reason to join tractorbynet. swein

/ swash plate error on 2010 toolcat 5600 #4  
Thanks, for the prompt reply. I have discussed the problem with dealer's repair department and got nothing other then bring it in and we'll put the computer to work to determine problem. A great reason to join tractorbynet. swein

Dealer will have to hook up his lap top to determine if problem is wiring connection problem or is sensor is failing.