5600 falling off to one side

/ 5600 falling off to one side #1  

rock3322

Bronze Member
Tractor
toolcat plus many
Sorry guys can't find my old post but after everyones help i found the problem with the cat angled off to the drivers side whenever there is a load on the unit the problem was the rubber bumper missing from the front drivers side shock arm.

Thanks for your help you guys!!!

/ 5600 falling off to one side #2  
Thanks for letting us know what it was. At least it was a simple problem.

DEWFPO

/ 5600 falling off to one side #3  
where is this at on the shock? My dealer replaced my shock, cost me about $500 and it still leans. Was unable to see where the rubber stop is.. Appreciate your help!

/ 5600 falling off to one side #4  
where is this at on the shock? My dealer replaced my shock, cost me about $500 and it still leans. Was unable to see where the rubber stop is.. Appreciate your help!

There's two rubber discs(snubbers) above each of the front springs.

DEWFPO

/ 5600 falling off to one side #5  
Edit for my previous post : There are two rubber discs(snubbers) above the top of the front A-arms just outboard of where they attach to the center spine of the chassis.

DEWFPO

/ 5600 falling off to one side #6  
I never followed up. Was missing a snubber (puck) on the driver's side. It was the one further in.. hard to see. Made a wood block to test.. and sure enough.. that was the problem.. After installing the wood block to test as a stop, I found the old stop had come loose and fallen further back in the arm. Will replace it soon but the wood is working great! :)

Can't believe the problem was that simple. Dealer didn't find that problem, the service manual doesn't show that part (at least I couldn't find it in there), and a piece of 2x6 cut to fit in that space made all the difference. It's like a new machine.

Now I just need to figure out if my axle is leaking or my power steering cylinder is leaking from inside the housing.. I imagine that repair will cost me but small price to pay for having a versatile little machine on the ranch.