How to replace dead battery 5600d

/ How to replace dead battery 5600d #1  

Redfox

I can't get TC started, battery is dead dead dead. Won't turn over with booster battery. The battery is under hyd bed. Any ideas on how to raise bed or get TC started?

/ How to replace dead battery 5600d #2  
Are you using heavy duty booster cables and heavy duty (at least 850 CCA) battery to jump it with? If you are using the portable jumper battery packs, I have found them insufficient in cranking amps sometimes to start a vehicle with a completely dead battery. Maybe need to put a battery charger on it for a few hours also.
Alternately, you should be able to raise the bed by opening the valve like you were going to raise it with the engine running and then raise it with a jack or by hand if not too heavy. Opening the dump control valve will allow the oil in the cylinder to cycle back into the reservoir and the bed to come up. You may have to block it up when you get it up as there wont/may not be any oil in the cylinder depending on the system configuration.

/ How to replace dead battery 5600d #3  
To Redfox
I am not sure what your model is but let me explain how I started a car with a (dead dead) battery. I boosted in the normal way and nothing happened . I removed both battery cables from the dead battery leaving the dead battery in the car . I connected booster cables to the CARS + and - terminals making sure all connections were correct and we started the car right in the middle of a parking lot with the booster battery sitting on the ground beside the car and charging correct. We then stopped the car and went and bought a new battery , returned and the car started right up and the friend drove away.

Craig Clayton

/ How to replace dead battery 5600d #4  
Jump the machine at the starter terminal, when it starts, raise the bed and either charge or replace the battery!

/ How to replace dead battery 5600d
The bed is way too heavy to lift by hand. I've tried to jump it at the starter with my F-150 but the dead battery is shunting the current. Very poor design for battery location,

/ How to replace dead battery 5600d #6  
You the procedure in the 5600 O & M Manual Page PM-29 and it bypasses the dead battery.

DEWFPO

Attachments

• Toolcat Battery Jumping Procedure.jpg
    Toolcat Battery Jumping Procedure.jpg
    403.8 KB · Views: 3,217
That doesn't bypass the battery, it merely places the jump parallel to the battery. The battery is inaccessible so I can't disconnect it.

/ How to replace dead battery 5600d #8  
If you want to bypass the battery and start solely off the booster battery, disconnect the positive battery cable from the starter first.

DEWFPO

If you want to bypass the battery and start solely off the booster battery, disconnect the positive battery cable from the starter first.

DEWFPO

Will the computer power up like that?

/ How to replace dead battery 5600d #10  
I've had it happen twice to me and the only way I could fix it was to get four guys and lift the bed up. I've tried jumping it at the battery and at the starter (as per the manual) with a dual battery 1 ton pickup and it didn't work. I don't think I tried DEWFPRO's suggestion about disconnecting the battery from the the starter and just using the jump battery.