Dozer blade

/ Dozer blade #1  

hardhat

Silver Member
Has anyone run the bobcat dozer blade on the tool cat? If so how did it do?

Thanks

Larru

/ Dozer blade #2  
I don't run a dozer blade, but I do run an 8ft Meyers snow plow. The TC (5600A) runs fine with the blade; however, I also load around 1000 pounds or so of sand bags in the back. Without the ballast the machine can't get out of its own way because of a lack of traction once a blade full of snow builds up. I do not run with chains. I think there is plenty of power but weight is severely lacking; I think a dozer blade would be the same and you would need plenty of ballast to add weight to the machine.

/ Dozer blade
Any issues with the strength of the arm. It seems very strong. Little concerned about pushing an 80 inch blade though. Do you ever push with one side of that 8 ft blade. Any signs of arm flexing?

/ Dozer blade #4  
I push snow down the center of my 10 foot wide drive and then clean up the edges. The plow is angled so the snow is being piled to one side. I have not had any issues so far. The arm is strong, but I also know it is possible to bend it (read that as twist).

/ Dozer blade #5  
I use a 84" snowblade on mine and it seems to do fine, but ballast in the dump bed makes a noticeable difference on slick, hilly surfaces.

DEWFPO

/ Dozer blade
Well. Found a 2008 new 6 way bobcat blade. $2800 to my door. :). Little bit of surface rust on a couple bolts but not even a scratch in paint on blade :). Initial impression is good. Hopefully be able to crown some roads and do some rough leveling. Will finish off with box blade :)

/ Dozer blade #8  
I'm extremely interested in your results using a 6-way on the front of a relatively light piece of equipment like a TC. I would dearly love to purchase a six-way blade that a friend has offered to sell me for cheap but I've been concerned about stresses on the TC drivetrain. The light weight can be remedied by ballast and I suppose the drivetrain stresses can be somewhat mitigated by a judicious operator.

On the flip side, I've seen Bobcat/TC advertisements showing a six-way with "grader wheels" out front....so maybe it's all kosher.

Anyway...didn't mean to rain on your parade...you made a good buy and I hope you meet with success.

/ Dozer blade
I sloped around my steel building. Dirt was soft here, but did get down into some clay. This dirt had been disturbed in last 3 months, so was not super hard. Pushed quite a bit of dirt with blade and was pleasantly surprised. Able to adjust height of blade either by using tilt or raising/lowering boom.

Also cut a shallow ditch to divert water near my dad's shop. This was hard dirt that has not been messed with in 20 years and is driven over frequently. Took some effort to get corner of blade to dig into the dirt, but once it got started, was able to cut the ditch without too much trouble. This is about as stressful as I can see being with the blade. It seemed to do fine.

I still can't wrap my brain around that 10" boom on the toolcat pushing an 80" blade, but nothing bent yesterday and machine seems no worse for the wear. I am not worried about the driveline as it will spin the tires if in a bind, but have worried about the boom bending. I am careful not to catch the corner of blade or bucket when moving fast as I think this would be asking for trouble. I wouldn't go trying to dig up roots with corner of dozer blade, but so far I am impressed.

I thought the blade was going to be my excuse to get a t190 as I thought the toolcat was not going to work effectively with it, but so far so good. No plans to get a t190 now as the toolcat did better than I expected.

I was shocked to see dirt rolling up to the top of the blade as I pushed. Looked like a dozer at some points :)

Larry

/ Dozer blade #10  
hardhat said:
I sloped around my steel building. Dirt was soft here, but did get down into some clay. This dirt had been disturbed in last 3 months, so was not super hard. Pushed quite a bit of dirt with blade and was pleasantly surprised. Able to adjust height of blade either by using tilt or raising/lowering boom.

Also cut a shallow ditch to divert water near my dad's shop. This was hard dirt that has not been messed with in 20 years and is driven over frequently. Took some effort to get corner of blade to dig into the dirt, but once it got started, was able to cut the ditch without too much trouble. This is about as stressful as I can see being with the blade. It seemed to do fine.

I still can't wrap my brain around that 10" boom on the toolcat pushing an 80" blade, but nothing bent yesterday and machine seems no worse for the wear. I am not worried about the driveline as it will spin the tires if in a bind, but have worried about the boom bending. I am careful not to catch the corner of blade or bucket when moving fast as I think this would be asking for trouble. I wouldn't go trying to dig up roots with corner of dozer blade, but so far I am impressed.

I thought the blade was going to be my excuse to get a t190 as I thought the toolcat was not going to work effectively with it, but so far so good. No plans to get a t190 now as the toolcat did better than I expected.

I was shocked to see dirt rolling up to the top of the blade as I pushed. Looked like a dozer at some points :)

Larry

Where did you find the blade? I'm looking for a blade for my T190.