New Toolcat tire failure

/ New Toolcat tire failure #1  

Roger G

I have a new 2010 Toolcat that has had two tire tread separations.

The first occurred after just one month of use. I noticed a bump in the ride and stepped out to see a monster bubble on the left front tire. The local Bobcat dealer was hesitant to take the tire and try to run a warranty. I purchased a new tire and was eventually reimbursed a month later.

After thirteen months of use, the same happened to the right front tire. The local Bobcat dealer said, sorry you are out of the warranty period.

Both tires were essentially new with no observable wear on the tread.

They are Carlisle 27 x 10.50 x 15 Trac Chief tires.

I am I the only one who has had this happen?

I have a 2006 Toolcat with the same tires and never had a problem with the same tires on it.

Attachments

• tire2.jpg
    tire2.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 367
  • tire3.jpg
    tire3.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 295
   / New Toolcat tire failure #2  
Have not had this happen on tractor tires , im running titan r 4's , but had a lot of carlisle load range D trailer tires do this . All in a 3 to 14 month period , from purchase. Some were replaced by dealer , then I asked if he had another brand , and i've had Denmon? for the last 3 years problem free , hope it stays that way...

/ New Toolcat tire failure #3  
That's obviously a tire defect, it's a shame dealer's haven't figured out that it is in their best interest to take care of a $150 problem like this if they expect the customer to come back and spend another $30-50,000 on another piece of equipment.

DEWFPO

/ New Toolcat tire failure #4  
I had a Titan tire do this too, but it was from overinflation. Turns out my tire pressure gauge was reading about 30lbs low, so instead of 50psi I was running 80. Probably lucky I only had 1 failure. Oh, and this was a fairly expensive brand name gauge from the tool truck, not a cheapie one.