HP Management Procedure for B Series?

/ HP Management Procedure for B Series? #1  

timm9

Gold Member
Tractor
Toolcat(s) 5600B-Turbo(s)
I'm trying to access the HP Management option in the dash controller/CPU but the procedure does not appear in my manual. I have searched and found instructions for the 'D' series which does not work. I have additionally made multiple calls to my dealer (2 hours away) with no response. I would be extremely grateful if someone could post the procedure assuming this option is availablwe to the 'B' series.

Thanks!

Tim

/ HP Management Procedure for B Series? #2  
The procedure should be the same. Your old B may not have a new enough software version that has HP management in it. It was a programing change the occured but I dont' have any recollection of when it was.

Can you take it to a dealer to have them update the software? It doesn't take long but a field service call would be expensive compared to few minutes it takes to do it. If you do this, be sure you test drive it at the dealer to make sure there were no glitches in the up load before going back home.

/ HP Management Procedure for B Series?
Dennis,

Thank you for your response. I was able to find the correct procedure to access the HP magagement settings from another source. I have three B series TC's and none of the manuals have the procedure included in the documentation. My dealer is two hours away and I did make multiple calls asking for the procedure with no response as of this writing.

For what it's worth, after getting the unit back to the shop we discovered that the rear wheel speed sensor 'shoulder' that fits flush to the drive motor had broken away allowing the interior of the sensor to move too close to the magnet and was 'eating' the flat protion of the sensor. Fortunately we caught it before it started 'shredding' metal.

Thanks!

Tim

/ HP Management Procedure for B Series? #4  
Tim,
Curious, What was the procedure? Was it different than in the D series manual?

/ HP Management Procedure for B Series?
Dennis,

The initial procedure that I found was for a 'D' series, and did not work on the B series. This is the procedure that did work. I don't remember where I found it;

With key or keyless panel turned off, push the Speed/Hrs/RPM selector button until RPM displays then hold button down 3 seconds until LCD changes (this puts controller into setup mode). If you have keyless panel it will ask for code (enter owner password) then 2 spd should display (options to turn on or off in here are 2 speed, Hi-flow, axle match depending on how it is equiped). Push the RPM button again until "0---0" displays, this is Axle matching engaged. Press the Work mode button to toggle to on or off positon in any of these options. Axle matching Off/disengaged is "0 0" (no dashes). Press and hold RPM button until "donE" appears in LCD (this locks in the program, if you start machine or turn key before "donE" appears it will revert back to previous selection) Push stop button if keyless panel or start machine, it should be ready to go.

After getting this unit back up and running I decided to double check the newest Toolcat's settings as I was starting to think my counter weight was not heavy enough, and was experiencing traction that was not as solid as the others. Turns out axle speed matching was turned off in the newest TC. Made a very noticable difference...

Tim