Just Arrived

/ Just Arrived #11  
I have a 2011 5610. Love it. No real issues to date. Hydraulic tank leaked a little when I overfilled it. I think this was coming from sight glass seal. Does not leak when level normal.

Ac will freeze up when running blower to slow or if filter clogged.

I have 200 hours on machine and have used it for all kinds of stuff. What part of ms are you in? I live in lucedale ms. Se corner of state.

I put a trailer wiring harness on mine for towing trailers on road. Best addition is a 1500 watt inverter hooked straight to battery with 200 amp fuse. Inverter is behind passenger seat. Put grommets in for wiring and have plug on r side of machine and one on front (zip tied to front hydraulic bundle).

I have been amazed with how strong that front arm is. It is only about 10 inches wide but I have carried 18 foot logs with it. Pushed with edge of bucket accidentally. Have not bent arm as of yet.

I love being able to bushhog with my girls in the passenger seat. Wife has used it to unload trucks. People laugh at it until they see it work. Awesome machine. I plan to trade in on a new one after I pay it off.

Pallet forks are handy. 4 in 1 bucket is great. Found a dozer blade and in process of getting. Trying to get yard ready to use 90 inch mower.

Hope you enjoy yours as much as I have enjoyed mine. I would have the dealer address those issues since the machine is new.

/ Just Arrived #12  
Update:

I've reseated the can buss connector on the rear of the dash CPU and am almost 24 hours error free. I used a rented auger attachment to plant several "hubby do's" around the house during which i started and stopped the engine countless times.

I'll have to admit its hard to exit the cab in the Mississippi early heat to drop a plant in the hole when the cab is near 60 degrees from the ac and the sat radio is playing on my favorite commercial free station. Oh well, at least it gives you something to look forward to getting back too after each task while out. This thing truly is a dream machine for all tasks as long as it behaves.

What, you couldn't get the "boss" to stand outside and do the planting while you dug the holes? :laughing::laughing:
Don't let her get behind the wheel or you will be standing out there or riding shotgun while she gives instructions.:)

/ Just Arrived #13  
Pics of inverter. Inverter behind pass seat. Wires to inverter viewed from below. Plug in on side with wire to front of machine plugged in. Plug on front of machine.

Have 200 amp fuse in hot wire going to inverter to prevent badness should one of the big wires to inverter get shorted

Attachments

• image-602983025.jpg
    image-602983025.jpg
    492.7 KB · Views: 291
  • image-4267701281.jpg
    image-4267701281.jpg
    372.6 KB · Views: 244
  • image-2396170758.jpg
    image-2396170758.jpg
    416.3 KB · Views: 250
  • image-781770995.jpg
    image-781770995.jpg
    435.4 KB · Views: 261
   / Just Arrived
Year Later Update....... 50-56 still occurs Re: Just Arrived

Well.....
it's been over a year and my 50-56 can bus error code is still occurring at start up. This code keeps the machine from moving F or R until it clears.

So far my Bobcat dealer has replaced the following:
1. Dash CPU Controller 02/13
2. Rear Drive Controller 03/13
3. The Entire Machine's Wiring Hardness 04/13
4. Drive Petal Assembly 07/13
5. Updated Firmware / Software in the Machine 07/13

Yet the 50-56 error code is still happening almost daily when you first start the machine. Also sometimes it reoccurs if you briefly stop (5 or so mins.) and restart after it's been running for a while. It never shuts down the machine and always clears after you cycle the start / stop 5-10 times. I've only got 78 hours on the machine and always keep that code in the back of my mind when using it that it could act up and stop what I'm doing.

I've been in touch with Bobcat directly and been referred to the Regional Rep. for a few months and they tell me: "We'll make this right".

My opinion is, and still is, since the start that it needs to be shipped back to the Bobcat factory for them to take care of the problem. The error occurred the night it was delivered in March 2012 and they are considering it to still be a "Warranty" issue - which is a good thing since the warranty is out since March of this year.

Has anyone else had such a problem with their Toolcat 5600 or 5610? If so was it resolved and how? All the threads and posts I've seen on the 50-56 error have been older machines - never one new under warranty.

/ Just Arrived #15  
Re: Year Later Update....... 50-56 still occurs Re: Just Arrived

Cyberbob,
I have three B Series Toolcats and did experience the 50-56 error code on one of the units over a period of 14 months. The first the error codes were intermittent and could normally be cleared after restating but not always. There would be times that the driver would be ‘roading’ between contracts in high gear and the unit would throw the code and lock up coming to a complete stop. Sometimes I would have to pull the center console and disconnect then reconnect the wiring harness to the controller on the firewall. The dealership was pulling their hair out trying to resolve the problem and changed out controllers, etc.
Ultimately one of the techs at the dealership discovered that one of the connectors at the dash controller was just loose enough that when the unit was running down the road it would break the connection causing the unit to skid to a halt.
Hope this helps…

/ Just Arrived #16  

Well.....
it's been over a year and my 50-56 can bus error code is still occurring at start up. This code keeps the machine from moving F or R until it clears.

So far my Bobcat dealer has replaced the following:
1. Dash CPU Controller 02/13
2. Rear Drive Controller 03/13
3. The Entire Machine's Wiring Hardness 04/13
4. Drive Petal Assembly 07/13
5. Updated Firmware / Software in the Machine 07/13

Yet the 50-56 error code is still happening almost daily when you first start the machine. Also sometimes it reoccurs if you briefly stop (5 or so mins.) and restart after it's been running for a while. It never shuts down the machine and always clears after you cycle the start / stop 5-10 times. I've only got 78 hours on the machine and always keep that code in the back of my mind when using it that it could act up and stop what I'm doing.

I've been in touch with Bobcat directly and been referred to the Regional Rep. for a few months and they tell me: "We'll make this right".

My opinion is, and still is, since the start that it needs to be shipped back to the Bobcat factory for them to take care of the problem. The error occurred the night it was delivered in March 2012 and they are considering it to still be a "Warranty" issue - which is a good thing since the warranty is out since March of this year.

Has anyone else had such a problem with their Toolcat 5600 or 5610? If so was it resolved and how? All the threads and posts I've seen on the 50-56 error have been older machines - never one new under warranty.

I wonder if it could a voltage problem?

Can you put a digital meter on the 12 volts at the Dash CPU Controller, and see what it does when starting?
Might need to use an oscilloscope to look for voltage spikes.

Does it make any difference if the safety interlock arm is up or down when starting?

Does it have the keyless start option?

/ Just Arrived

I wonder if it could a voltage problem?

Can you put a digital meter on the 12 volts at the Dash CPU Controller, and see what it does when starting?
Might need to use an oscilloscope to look for voltage spikes.

Does it make any difference if the safety interlock arm is up or down when starting?

Does it have the keyless start option?

It does have the keyless dash cpu and the code has happened when starting both with the safety arm up and down.

I haven't metered anything myself. I've been leaving diagnostics to the dealer so far since this issue is considered still under warranty.
Due to the massive amount of money Bobcat has spent on this warranty job, I would assume they have ruled out this being an issue.

I will however double check with the service manager that it was ruled out.

Late yesterday I spoke with the dealer with the idea to change the joystick control and drive select lever. He said that is all that's left parts wise that could cause any 50-56 error to return at start up according to Bobcat. They're waiting on Bobcat corporate to approve this next parts swap.

Since it has only occurs at start up, we've pretty much ruled out any intermittent connector issues. It has never happened after the machine starts code free during use. Also, when the entire wiring harness was replace all of the connectors were double checked.

/ Just Arrived #18  

It does have the keyless dash cpu and the code has happened when starting both with the safety arm up and down.

I haven't metered anything myself. I've been leaving diagnostics to the dealer so far since this issue is considered still under warranty.
Due to the massive amount of money Bobcat has spent on this warranty job, I would assume they have ruled out this being an issue.

Late yesterday I spoke with the dealer with the idea to change the joystick control and drive select lever. He said that is all that's left parts wise that could cause any 50-56 error to return at start up according to Bobcat. They're waiting on Bobcat corporate to approve this next parts swap.

Since it has only occurs at start up, we've pretty much ruled out any intermittent connector issues. It has never happened after the machine starts code free during use. Also, when the entire wiring harness was replace all of the connectors were double checked.

Too bad they don't know how to troubleshoot, throwing parts at it may not fix this one!

I was employed as an electronics technician for 34 years, working on computers and fax machines. Voltage spikes can be very hard to track down. The problem could be found with a logic analyzer, but I don't think they would have one or even know what it is.

Logic Analyzer pictures from Google Image Search:
logic_analyzer_wide.jpg LogicAnalyzer.jpg Agilent-16800-Series-Logic-Analyzers-Front_1.jpg

/ Just Arrived #19  

cyberbob, we need an update please.

/ Just Arrived
Nothing new with the 50-56 code issue. It has came back 4-5 times over the past two years but always cleared after cycling the keyless ignition 2-4 times.

Bobcat's last response was "they couldn't proceed any further unless the code occurs and doesn't clear" I guess I see their point......

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet