NEW PROBLEM STUCK IN (FNR)

/ NEW PROBLEM STUCK IN (FNR) #1  

rock3322

Bronze Member
Tractor
toolcat plus many
Cat was at idle I was out of the cab FNR lights was on when I got back in, it will not go off I turned unit off and will not restart because of this safety any ideas?

/ NEW PROBLEM STUCK IN (FNR) #2  
I had this happen once. Short answer: I discon/connected the FNR switch/harness and traced the harness to ensure no shorts or fubar'd connector pins. Plugged everything back together and it worked.

IIRC you can check the disconnected FNR switch with a simple continuity tester. If you have a service manual, you'll know which pins to probe right off the bat; otherwise, it's trial and error. (I have the SM but am presently at work.) What TC revision to you have ? (ie 'A'...'F') Also...I think my machine displayed a "code" when this happened.

/ NEW PROBLEM STUCK IN (FNR)
C model, I have no codes present so I am stumped

/ NEW PROBLEM STUCK IN (FNR) #4  
Sounds to me like the switch failed, and is stuck in the forward (or reverse) position. If I leave mine in either forward or reverse, it will not start.

/ NEW PROBLEM STUCK IN (FNR) #5  
Looked in the SM and following are the pin functions on the "D" series FPR switch. I have no idea of there's a difference between the 'C' and 'D' in this area...
Pin 1: 12V Switched, wire 1800
Pin 2: One leg of the Hi Range/Low Range switch. (Wire 4960)
Pin 3: One leg of the Hi Range/Low Range switch. Looks like it's internally wired to Pin 1.
Pin 4: Reverse (Wire 4870)
Pin 5: Park (Wire 4820)
Pin 6: Forward. (Wire 4800)

Those wires end up at the Drive Controller. Additionally the Park wire also goes to the Display Controller.

Thanks Guys I will mess with it this weekend I do know that the park light is not on just FNR if I was to guess I expect that I will find a wire shorted exiting the cab.

Found the problem KINDA!! Wire 1800 has no switched voltage!! Spudgunner,, where does wire 1800 get its power? I jumped 12v to the wire and got the machine put in the shop but don't know where it is suppose to come from it is not at the computer unless it changes number.

/ NEW PROBLEM STUCK IN (FNR) #8  
Wire 1800 goes to some junction point that is supplied by wire 1430 which runs off of fuse #10 (15 Amp) in the cab. This fuse is "downstream" from a "switched power relay".

The SM gets a little ambiguous on the route of the wire. It appears that other than the connector at the FPR switch, there is only the connector at what appears to be the fuse block and/or junction point previously mentioned.

SPUDGUNNER THANKS I WILL LOOK AT IT AGAIN THIS WEEKEND AND POST!!!

Didn't get to it,, try coming weekend!