toolcat 5600 service

/ toolcat 5600 service #1  

jrock18

Tractor
ford, bobcat, cat,
Had a couple questions about a toolcat that my buddy owns, i notice the only way to get to engine is under the bed. What happens if you run it out of fuel and need to crack an injector or just say its not running? Is there a way to get the hydraulic bed up to work on the engine? thanks john

/ toolcat 5600 service #2  
Yes, there is. I bungeed the hydraulic bed control lever to the lift position and then raised the bed with a come-along and strap that is looped over a well-supported truss chord in my shop. As soon as the bed is lifted, there's a safety device that can be swung down on one of the hyd bed lift cylinders.

/ toolcat 5600 service #3  
If you were to run out of fuel, there is a 'bulb' between and under the seats that you can access from the engine compartment that will allow you to purge any air from the system without 'cracking' the injectors. I would really watch the fuel guage as you will be 'pumping' the bulb for quite sometime to purge the air...

/ toolcat 5600 service
yea i guess that would work, just seems like a bad design. Think they should of installed a manual lift pump that would allow you to lift the bed. thanks for the input though ill try that if i ever run into a problem.

/ toolcat 5600 service #5  
If you were to run out of fuel, there is a 'bulb' between and under the seats that you can access from the engine compartment that will allow you to purge any air from the system without 'cracking' the injectors. I would really watch the fuel guage as you will be 'pumping' the bulb for quite sometime to purge the air...

On my "D" series, the primer bulb is accessed from the outside engine cover on the passenger's side. It's very easy.

If the battery goes dead and you can't jump it for some reason you can actually remove the side cover between the driver's side cab and the rear fender to gain access to the battery itself.

DEWFPO