Tractor
    ford, bobcat, cat,

Default toolcat 5600 service

Had a couple questions about a toolcat that my buddy owns, i notice the only way to get to engine is under the bed. What happens if you run it out of fuel and need to crack an injector or just say its not running? Is there a way to get the hydraulic bed up to work on the engine? thanks john

Gold Member
    Tractor
    BX-23

Default Re: toolcat 5600 service

Yes, there is. I bungeed the hydraulic bed control lever to the lift position and then raised the bed with a come-along and strap that is looped over a well-supported truss chord in my shop. As soon as the bed is lifted, there's a safety device that can be swung down on one of the hyd bed lift cylinders.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Toolcat(s) 5600B-Turbo(s)

If you were to run out of fuel, there is a 'bulb' between and under the seats that you can access from the engine compartment that will allow you to purge any air from the system without 'cracking' the injectors. I would really watch the fuel guage as you will be 'pumping' the bulb for quite sometime to purge the air...

Tractor
    ford, bobcat, cat,

yea i guess that would work, just seems like a bad design. Think they should of installed a manual lift pump that would allow you to lift the bed. thanks for the input though ill try that if i ever run into a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by timm9 View Post
    If you were to run out of fuel, there is a 'bulb' between and under the seats that you can access from the engine compartment that will allow you to purge any air from the system without 'cracking' the injectors. I would really watch the fuel guage as you will be 'pumping' the bulb for quite sometime to purge the air...
    On my "D" series, the primer bulb is accessed from the outside engine cover on the passenger's side. It's very easy.

If the battery goes dead and you can't jump it for some reason you can actually remove the side cover between the driver's side cab and the rear fender to gain access to the battery itself.

DEWFPO
    2009 Toolcat 5600 "D-Series", Hi-Flow, 29's, 72" SB-200, 84" Snowblade, 62" Lo-Pro Bucket

SOLD - 2006 MF GC2300, 2350 FEL, 2315 MMM, 2360 SB, KingKutter CarryAll