Tractor
    Toolcat D

Default BENDING MOWER WHEELS AND YOLKS

Using a 72" finish mower with a 5600 Toolcat. Mowing irregular terrain with a lot of roots. Problem is that I keep bending the wheels and wheel yolks (I've gone thru 4 and am being as careful as I can). Anybody encountered this problem? If so, any solution? Bobcat does not make a beefier wheel and yolk. Anybody know of an aftermarket source for something beefier?

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX25

Default Re: BENDING MOWER WHEELS AND YOLKS

Got any parts for sale? I may be able to use them. If you take pics
    and post up I'll see if I can use them...

I have been lookin' for a deal on swevilin' yoke type wheels .
    Regards,

Artisan

Kubota 2012 BX25 (23H.P. / 17.7pto)
    14' Dump / Carson 12K Tow Trailer w/ movable Winch,
    Canopy, Tunes, Stabilizer Soft Pads, 10"-12"BH Buckets, FEL Grapple, Fasse Valved & Switched,
    Fire Extinguisher, ChainSaw Mount, Protective Surround / Enclosure in the works.

Stayin' Alive (This click could save a life...)

Silver Member
    Tractor
    kobota KX 080-3, KX121-3, L48, (2) L4630, bx23, cat257, M9000,(2) RTV1100,jd450h, ASV100 ,zd331

have been using a 72 inch for over a year and have not had any problem, how old is your mower? I know they made some changes a year ago or so.

Tractor
    Toolcat D

Artisan: nothing for sale. Toy 1: mower is 4 years old.

Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

Look at how far the Bobtach is tilted out. If too far it will push against the mower when going over a rise, it not tilted far enough it will pull mower off the ground going over a hill. May also try running lift in float allowing the mower to push the lift arm up when it gets in a bind.
    Dennis

CT225 w/7TL QA FEL, 60"tooth dirt bucket, 68" smooth bucket, Pallet Forks, Bale Spear. Hydrualic top llin, QH, 48 RC, 60" tiller, Angle blade, Landscape rake, Carry-all, Post hole auger.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    kobota KX 080-3, KX121-3, L48, (2) L4630, bx23, cat257, M9000,(2) RTV1100,jd450h, ASV100 ,zd331

Quote Originally Posted by albert View Post
    Artisan: nothing for sale. Toy 1: mower is 4 years old.
    I do not run my machine in float with the mower, the mower has it's own float if you allow the cable to be relaxed it will act as if in float.

I think the new mowers have beefer yolks.

Platinum Member

I recently bought a 72" finish mower for my toolcat. I tried different things and settled on float for irregular terrain. I'm using it where I would normally use my brushcat on my Bobcat skid. I also slowed my travel speed down some and so far, so good on the rough terrain. I have stumps and rocks to avoid or mow over and the float setting seems to help.
    Brush Chipping and Tree Mulching Texas Style!