BENDING MOWER WHEELS AND YOLKS

/ BENDING MOWER WHEELS AND YOLKS #1  

albert

Bronze Member
Tractor
Toolcat D
Using a 72" finish mower with a 5600 Toolcat. Mowing irregular terrain with a lot of roots. Problem is that I keep bending the wheels and wheel yolks (I've gone thru 4 and am being as careful as I can). Anybody encountered this problem? If so, any solution? Bobcat does not make a beefier wheel and yolk. Anybody know of an aftermarket source for something beefier?

/ BENDING MOWER WHEELS AND YOLKS #2  
Got any parts for sale? I may be able to use them. If you take pics
and post up I'll see if I can use them...

I have been lookin' for a deal on swevilin' yoke type wheels .

/ BENDING MOWER WHEELS AND YOLKS #3  
have been using a 72 inch for over a year and have not had any problem, how old is your mower? I know they made some changes a year ago or so.

/ BENDING MOWER WHEELS AND YOLKS
Artisan: nothing for sale. Toy 1: mower is 4 years old.

/ BENDING MOWER WHEELS AND YOLKS #5  
Look at how far the Bobtach is tilted out. If too far it will push against the mower when going over a rise, it not tilted far enough it will pull mower off the ground going over a hill. May also try running lift in float allowing the mower to push the lift arm up when it gets in a bind.

/ BENDING MOWER WHEELS AND YOLKS #6  
Artisan: nothing for sale. Toy 1: mower is 4 years old.

I do not run my machine in float with the mower, the mower has it's own float if you allow the cable to be relaxed it will act as if in float.

I think the new mowers have beefer yolks.

/ BENDING MOWER WHEELS AND YOLKS #7  
I recently bought a 72" finish mower for my toolcat. I tried different things and settled on float for irregular terrain. I'm using it where I would normally use my brushcat on my Bobcat skid. I also slowed my travel speed down some and so far, so good on the rough terrain. I have stumps and rocks to avoid or mow over and the float setting seems to help.