Buying Advice Bobcat tooolcat fuel tank

/ Bobcat tooolcat fuel tank #1  

starry30

I have a whole in my tank can I get that fixed or do I have to get a new tank?:eek::confused:

/ Bobcat tooolcat fuel tank #2  
I just got my toolcat out of the shop. I had taken it in for a few other things and asked them to find the fuel leak. My fuel line (outlet) grommet leaks all the time so they replaced it and sent me on my way. Because the fuel tank wasn't above half full, they didn't see that it has another leak.
Personally, I have had other Bobcats with leaking fuel tanks. I opt to replace them as I will probably do with the Toolcat. I'm taking it back this week. This tank removal doesn't look to difficult (looking in the service guide for a B series). If it is being taken out for repair, I might as well replace it unless it's a very minor repair. It's frustrating because it was in the shop for nearly two weeks and nobody noticed the bigger leak.
Hope you have better luck!

/ Bobcat tooolcat fuel tank
Thanks I will check to see if that is what is leaking on mine !!:)

/ Bobcat tooolcat fuel tank #4  
If it is a plastic tank, I fixed the leaks on my LS fuel tank using JB Weld. They had designed in some hold down bolt that broke loose at the four bottom corners and at least two were big leaks. I took off the tank, cleaned every thing up with acetone and then roughed the area up with a power brush. Using the brush I made a slight bevel in the cracks and then filled up the area with JB Weld. It is still holding after a year and I have the new replacement tank(warranted) in my shop just waiting for the repair to fail.

/ Bobcat tooolcat fuel tank #5  
turns out my fuel tank had two holes in the top from the screws that hold the floor mats down. This is a B series. Evidently they had been rubbing on the tank and it finally gave way. Still waiting.. Been two more weeks while I wait on the parts to come in. I hope to get it back this week and will update the forum. I am going to see if I can have the old tank as a spare and I'll try and see if it's repairable.

/ Bobcat tooolcat fuel tank #6  
any update starry 30? I'm still waiting for my new tank and I'm curious to see how big the holes were in my old tank. let us know what you found and how you fixed it if you did..