Bobcat lawn mower

/ Bobcat lawn mower #1  

yellowdogsvc

Veteran Member
I have a B series Toolcat. I've been thinking of selling it but recently my folks asked if I'd consider taking over the mowing of their place. In the past, when their field got too high, I took my brushcat down there but I don't like taking my Bobcat in their yard or over their septic field. I've tried the toolcat/brushcat combo but the brushcat is too heavy.

I've been looking at the 72" 3 blade mower or possibly just getting a ZTR which would be a lot cheaper to operate.

Anyone have experience? I hate riding mowers but think I could handle a ZTR after a day in the skidsteer.. I've looked at BadBoy and John Deere. I'm not crazy about my JD dealer, though, and could handle most repairs on the Badboy. Any other brands worth comparing to the Bobcat 72" mower? If I got the 72", I could run it on my s750 if I needed to. My toolcat is high flow but I don't think the 72" mower is rated for more than 22 gpm.

Any help would be appreciated.

/ Bobcat lawn mower #2  
Been using the 72" finish mower on my Toolcat D for about 4 years to cut the grass around the house as well as the much higher and thicker grass in the fields. Does a great job.

/ Bobcat lawn mower
Thanks for the info. I was wondering how it would maneuver being so long with a mower out front. I tried my toolcat with my brushcat and hated it. Figured the casters on the finish mower would make a big difference.

/ Bobcat lawn mower #4  
I have a lot of trees to maneuver around, both around the house and in the fields...no problem once you get a feel for it. Only problem that I have encountered is that our ground is very irregular in places with a lot of exposed tree roots and I have bent both the wheels and casters a few times. Had some heavier duty casters made at our local machine shop and have had no problem since.

/ Bobcat lawn mower #5  
the newer mowers have heavy duty castors, I have used my alot and find it does a good job, I use my around the pond I raise up the mower and lower on the brush that is around the pond.

/ Bobcat lawn mower #6  
I use the 90 inch finish mower ... wanted the extra cutting width... works great flow max is 22 GPM there is a little trick you can do to save fuel ...... if your machine has high flow and you have a flow gauge you can put the high flow on and run the rpm up until you reach 22 GPM that gives you lower engine rpm and more tip speed than the 18 - 19 GPM that regular flow and 2500+ engine rpm gives you

/ Bobcat lawn mower
I use the 90 inch finish mower ... wanted the extra cutting width... works great flow max is 22 GPM there is a little trick you can do to save fuel ...... if your machine has high flow and you have a flow gauge you can put the high flow on and run the rpm up until you reach 22 GPM that gives you lower engine rpm and more tip speed than the 18 - 19 GPM that regular flow and 2500+ engine rpm gives you

I don't have flow gauge on machine. I have a B series, gpm is 26 on high flow. Not sure how I will make that work. Seems that I'd not be using it to it's full potential. I can run it on my skid which has 23 gpm if I don't throttle it up to max.

/ Bobcat lawn mower #8  
The flow gauge plugs into the auxiliary hydraulic quick connects. The bobcat dealer uses one to check flow. I bought one ($85) because I wanted to check at what rpm I achieved maximum flow. There was no increase in flow after 2650 rpm. The flow is a little different if you check it straight on the quick connects and then check it as it flow thru the pump on the mower. On high flow I reached 22 GPM at 1900 rpm. Really saves on fuel when you run at 1900 rpm instead of 2650 rpm on standard flow.