bobcat toolcat priming fuel system

/ bobcat toolcat priming fuel system #1  

starry30

I cant get my toolcat primed I put in a new priming bulb because i thought it was bad I put in new fuel filter filled it with fuel open the value on the pump pumped I cant get it starter ? any Help!!

/ bobcat toolcat priming fuel system #2  
Did you open the valve on the Injector Pump and hand pump the bulb until fuel (with no air bubbles) comes out of the valve?

DEWFPO

/ bobcat toolcat priming fuel system #3  
Where exActly is the injector pump located. I found the bulb, but can't find the pump to open bleeder. I have a 2005 5600

/ bobcat toolcat priming fuel system #4  
BlairK,

The bleeder valve should be within about 5 inches of the bulb pump. FWIW, the last time I had to prime a TC I pumped the bulb forever and thought I would never get all the air out...

/ bobcat toolcat priming fuel system #5  
So I did all that and still no luck. Had to have Bobcat come out to look at it. Ended up replacing the fuel pump. Thanks for your help.

/ bobcat toolcat priming fuel system #6  
Nice to see that the problem was fixed. FYI, when replacing the fuel filter it can help to fill the filter with fuel first and then thread it on.

/ bobcat toolcat priming fuel system #7  
Did you open the valve on the Injector Pump and hand pump the bulb until fuel (with no air bubbles) comes out of the valve?

DEWFPO

Have you ever seen or heard of anyone that has ever used the hand pump on a 5600 and had fuel come out of the valve with or without air bubbles?

/ bobcat toolcat priming fuel system #8  
Steve,

The last time I had to bleed the lines to get the TC started was due to some dirt bag stealing fuel in the middle of the night and the driver didn't notice at 2:00/am. I do not believe that I ever had any fuel (bubbles or not) while pumping/bleeding. The bulb just got so hard it was difficult to squeeze, closed the valve and the TC started right up.

/ bobcat toolcat priming fuel system #9  
After following all the steps provided by Bobcat dealer and Bobcat Service manual (about 20 hours labor) I let common sense be my guide and put everything back together and traced fuel flow from the main tank, through the auxiliary tank and up to the fuel primer bulb where the fuel stopped. I had not checked it earlier because contrary to Bobact and folks on this forum air bubbles and fuel never releases from the bleeder valve on most models as there is a bypass hose that dumps the air and fuel into tank return circuit. I borrowed the bulb from an outboard motor tank and the ToolCat was resurrected! My bottom line is to keep it simple when working on complex equipment.

/ bobcat toolcat priming fuel system #10  
Nope, it bypasses to the fuel tank return circuit. BobCat manuals are not correct in this instruction.